Stuckey Turns Down Detroit's 5 Year, $45M Offer

From Chad Ford:

Just filed to ESPN: Pistons & restricted FA Rodney Stuckey at an impasse. Stuckey balking at Pistons' 5 year, $40-45 million offer

Pistons comp for Stuckey is Mike Conley, who got a 5 year, $40 M extension from Grizzlies in Nov.

Stuckey's people threatening to take Pistons' 1 year qualifying offer. If they do, he's an unrestricted FA in summer of 2012.

I definitely see him taking the 1 year QO and then bolting next season as a UFA. I get the impression that he has no intentions of playing long term in Detroit and wants to get out of there. I really don't see him getting a better offer than $9M per year, so it seems likely that he will just play outt he season and leave next year, unless Detroit caves and overpays him.

Is there really any point of keeping him there long term? They did just draft Brandon Knight and have Will Bynum as well. They should just sign & trade him.

My thought exactly wtf is the point of keeping him especially for 8 mil a year. He's an ok player with a poor attitude let him go and start developing Knight.

Is there really any point of keeping him there long term? They did just draft Brandon Knight and have Will Bynum as well. They should just sign & trade him.

I think there is.

He is, and always has been, more of a shooting guard than point guard anyways and he is still a pretty good player. He isn't a star or anything, but a Stuckey/Knight backcourt does look somewhat promising for a team in such a dire position as Detroit is.

A three-headed guard rotation of Knight, Stuckey and Gordon is talented and has the potential to be fairly productive.