Who Starts at Center?

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It is a well known fact that the Raptors intend to play Bargnani at the 4 this season, at least for the most part.

What isn't very well known is who will be starting at the 5.

Johnson is the best player of the bunch, but even with the extra bulk he added in the offseason, he may still be too small to handle the grind of playing the 5. If that is the case, it is likely down to two new Raptors in Magloire and Gray.

Who do you think will start?

Who do you think should start?

Amir is listed at 6'9 and I honestly feel like that is generous, he is a PF, not a C. Obviously the best of the group, but I figure it will be Gray or Magloire, probably Gray.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Raptors went to a Bargnani-Davis frontcourt early into the season though. Davis can protect the rim better than anyone on our roster I think, and even though he isn't a C, he is our best defensive big and should get a bulk of the minutes.

It has to be Ed Davis. I don’t think the Raptors have any other big that plays defence better than Davis. I like Amir and see the Raptors using Amir at center whenever we go small. Ed Davis is not a legit center but I think we play our best players to further their development if the Raptors are comfortable with keeping Andrea.

wow im not trying to diss you raptor fans but u guys need to invest a draft pick or something

that's the worst center rotation i have probobly ever seen since NJ's Aaron Williams and Todd Maccolough and Jason Collins trio.

That lineup looks so bad that im sure ya'll would be better of signing Olowokandi for the year

wow im not trying to diss you raptor fans but u guys need to invest a draft pick or something

that's the worst center rotation i have probobly ever seen since NJ's Aaron Williams and Todd Maccolough and Jason Collins trio.

That lineup looks so bad that im sure ya'll would be better of signing Olowokandi for the year

So all they need to do is trade for Kidd?

You mean like taking a center with the 5th overall pick in the draft? Maybe somebody like Jonas Valanciunas?

He is coming to the team next season as his contract with his Lithuanian club Lietuvos Rytas doesn't have a buyout until after this season.

I think Magloire might start, but won't see many minutes. I can see him starting, playing the first 5 or 6 minutes of each half, giving a couple of hard fouls to try and set the tone that the Raptors won't be pushed around in the paint as easily as in previous years. Then they will sub in somebody like Gray or Johnson who will likely close out the quarter.

I think Ed gets the majority of backup power forward minutes and a few here and there at center when the Raptors go small. I don't see him playing too much center alongside Bargnani, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it.

lol, actually Maccolough was an all-star, Jason Collins was a solid down-low defender and was able to stop big men (but not shaq, but really who can), and Aaron Williams was solid for the Nets. Those guys were key in their run to the finals those back to back years.

I would go with Jamaal, he wants to be that enforcer and leader, well let him lead by example and let him play and start. Not like its going to hurt, whoever we throw in there, it won't work anyways.