Nick Young is demanding $9 million annually

Dash

Why the delay for Young? According to two high-ranking Western Conference officials and a high-ranking Eastern Conference official, Young is seeking an annual salary in the range of $9 million per season – and few teams have the funds or the willingness to pay him right now.

“I do hear his price tag is pretty high,” one Western Conference official said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/post/is-nick-youngs-price-tag-too-high/2011/12/16/gIQAKvT3yO_blog.html

lmao hell no never, this is Nick Young were talking about

i think you got him mixed up with a talented sg or something

He got signed to 3.7 mil dollar deal, that's about his worth.

How is he not talented? He only averaged 17.4ppg last year, much more than his previous season. Granted, he's not worth 9 mil but the kid can play.

How is he not talented? He only averaged 17.4ppg last year, much more than his previous season. Granted, he's not worth 9 mil but the kid can play.

1. Stat padding with the wizards

2. He would have been more valuable if he didn't get hurt

Cuz

Jordan Crawford a rookie, came in in the 2nd half of the season started sg for wizards and averaged 17ppg too,.

Lol some serious Nick Young hate going on in this thread..

I think people have the wrong impression of Nick, because they think he's just a scorer (on offense it's true). He's very efficient scoring the ball, he's a good one on one defender, and is probably the best catch and shoot SG in the game today.

When you're the backcourt partner to John Wall, you gotta do three things very well: run the floor, catch the ball, and shoot it. If you can't do it (see Jordan Crawford), then you're better off on the bench. Now I agree he's pretty one dimensional on offense, he doesn't rebound well despite seeing time at the 3, and he's not a great passer, but to his credit, he was asked to carry the load scoring the ball because he was one of three players on the team capable of creating their own shot.

The price is high, and I'm happy we didn't cave into his demands and opted for the qualifying offer instead, but this will concern me if Jordan doesn't develop an outside game this season. But this is all very similar to the Bulls situation a few years ago with Ben Gordon demanding 10 mill a season. They declined, he signed the qualifying offer, and then got overpaid the following offseason in Detroit. Things turned out well for Chicago because they stuck with the plan and refused to spend their money without any regard.