Vikings RB Adrian Peterson Thinks Saints Defence Was Playing Dirty

Sportsguy9695

After missing three games with a high-ankle sprain, Vikings running back Adrian Peterson returned to the lineup Sunday against the Saints to carry the ball 10 times for 60 yards. But following Minnesota's 42-20 loss, Peterson suggested that New Orleans cornerback Jabari Greer intentionally twisted his ankle one play before he ripped off a game-high 39-yard run. "I came into the game kind of expecting that coming back from a high ankle sprain," Peterson said, according to the Times-Picayune. "Guys are going to try to take their shots when we're on the pile and try to twist it up and things like that. "I felt like it kind of got overboard. I got up and kind of got in his face. Thank God I was able to keep my composure." This comes a week after Tennessee wideout Nate Washington accused New Orleans safety Roman Harper of being a dirty player after he grabbed Damian Williams' facemask. "Honestly, he's a dirty player," Washington said after their Week 14 meeting. "We watched film on [Harper], he's dirty. And I don't appreciate it, I'm going to step out in public and say it: He's dirty. That was dirty what he did, it's unfortunate that he grabbed the facemask -- at the same time you don't walk over a guy and nudge him with your knee. You don't do that. That's dirty. And honestly, that's a dirty player, flat out. This is not just one game. He's been doing it all season. And I'm tired of it. I hope the league did something about it." During his Monday press conference, Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier said that Peterson came out of the Saints game "fine," which is more than we can say for the Vikings' season.

Source: CBSSports