Stein: Nuggets Sign Afflalo to 5 Year, $43M Deal

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

Just going up on ESPN online: Sources say Nuggets and restricted free agent Arron Afflalo agree to five-year deal in excess of $43 million

I really like Afflalo so I would be fine with this deal if I were a Nugget fan. He is one of the best defenders in the league and is starting to branch out into more than just a spot up shooter offensively. He will never be a star but he is one of those invaluable glue guys that every great team needs.

It isn't a great deal by any means, but I don't really have any complaints about it either.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

I love that Ujiri is bringing the core back and wants to develop all of his assets, but he has tied a lot of money into his players. Nene isn't going to get better, if anything he will start to regress in a year or two. You still have to extend both Lawson and Gallinari soon, and have basically omitted yourself from making any noise in future offseasons. This team is still lacking that franchise player, they have a myriad young talent, but are lacking that one go to guy. If they keep it up, they can only hope to be a lower seed in the west for years to come.