Boston Red Sox @ New York Yankees

The long anticipated four-game series.

John Smoltz (2-4, 7.12) vs. Joba Chamberlain (7-2, 3.58)

Josh Beckett (13-4, 3.27) vs. A.J. Burnett (10-5, 3.89)

Clay Buchholz (1-1, 6.05) vs. CC Sabathia (11-7, 3.95)

Jon Lester (9-7, 3.79) vs. Andy Pettitte (9-6, 4.35)

An exciting opening, 4 hour game. There's plenty to talk about.

Jason Bay missed today's game and will miss tomorrow's. There's a possibility of missing the whole series.

Joba's pitch count rose quickly. He dug himself into a couple of jams but got out of them. The two long balls accounted for 3 of his 4 ER. He did walk a career high seven batters, but it needs to be taken into account that 3 of them followed a half hour inning in which he got cold.

Posada's baserunning error bothered me for a bit, but he bounced back with later on with a double and 3-run home run. Damon, Melky, and Teixeira also had HR's.

We can't get overconfident following this win. We hit well off a pitcher with an ERA over 7. Tomorrow and Sunday, we're facing Beckett and Lester, and our offense will hopefully be ready for that.

I am going to guess that ECN has something to say about Ramon Ramirez getting tossed lol.

Well there is a lot to say about it. It was a 2-run game, and Francona wanted the bleeding to stop in a must-win match. Ramirez was not going to hit someone and put a RISP in the seventh inning. There wasn't even a warning issued. I must say, that was ridiculous.

Well, tonight was a tough loss, especially after last night's loss.

I'm not going to say that the Boston Red Sox would have definately won the game if they got some calls to go their way, but Dustin Pedroia clearly did not foul tip the ball, and David Ortiz had a clear check swing with runners on 1st and 2nd and no outs, in a 2-0 game.

I really feel like that could have changed the game, but the Boston Red Sox are sucking nonetheless.

And, I was working and only saw the highlights of Ramon Ramirez's pitch that hit A-Rod, but it hit him in the back and got tossed out of the game with no warning.....

Yet, A.J. Burnett can throw high and inside, and Joba Chamberlain can head hunt all he wants......

Well there is a lot to say about it. It was a 2-run game, and Francona wanted the bleeding to stop in a must-win match. Ramirez was not going to hit someone and put a RISP in the seventh inning. There wasn't even a warning issued. I must say, that was ridiculous.

Oh I agree it was bull[expletive]. There has been a LOT of bad umpiring all around baseball this weekend.

Meh, some Yankees fans are spoiled as [expletive]. We expect our team to be the best. For any other team not winning a ship in 9 years is not THAT big of a deal, but since we are the Yankees it is.

Plus I feel like we needed this sweep not particularly to gain a bigger lead in the division but more so to prove that we can beat the Red Sox. This sweep was more of a mental gain imo.

Edited by GURU™