New Jersey at Washington

Real Deal

Humphries with a huge game in this one.

21 points and 16 rebounds on 9/14 shooting.

Something about New Jersey really brings out the best of him as he has played really well ever since going to the Nets. Much, much better than he ever was in Utah or Toronto.

Deron looked like he really tried to force things on offense, though. 8/22 shooting including 4/12 from three is just brutal. However, I can understand why he looked to do so much shooting with Lopez out of the lineup and Morrow struggling so much offensively.

Wall looked like he got off to a pretty shaky start, although judging from Williams' numbers, at least he played well defensively.

These are all just box score observations, though.

These are all just box score observations, though.

Yup, and it's exactly the opposite of what actually occurred tonight.

Honestly have never been more disappointed in this team, but maybe it's actually because I paid to go see this abysmal effort.

Wall played Deron very well at the start of the game, he got to his spot quicker than Deron did, and did a great job staying in front of him. But near the end of the second quarter, Williams had Wall figured out completely. Avery Johnson ran a ton of pick and rolls, which exploited Wall's poor perimeter defense. After Deron came off the pick, Wall would take too long recovering, which put the bigs in a terrible position. This issue became so problematic that Flip decided to put Singleton on Deron and had Wall covering Marshon Brooks.

There were a ton of issues with our halfcourt offense (which is expected because this team has no jump shooters). What makes me more angry is the fact that Flip Saunders, knowing the lack of shooters we have, opts to play Jordan Crawford more over Young who clearly had outplayed Jordan. It just doesn't make sense.

And here's a nice post game story to worry about tomorrow:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/837361/Picture_119_medium.png

• Owner

Andray Blatche is an idiot. He thinks he's Dwight Howard.

And...

What makes me more angry is the fact that Flip Saunders, knowing the lack of shooters we have, opts to play Jordan Crawford more over Young who clearly had outplayed Jordan. It just doesn't make sense.

What needs to happen is Saunders looking at his depth chart and moving Shard out of the lineup, and sticking Young at the three. Crawford had a pretty good game, I thought, and Young is fully capable of playing the SF position.