Memphis at San Antonio

Real Deal

People will look at the boxscore and see Tiago with mediocre stats and not realize how DOMINANT he was on defense. He pretty much shut Z-Bo down 1 on 1. He played great weakside D, his rotations were great as well. If only he had a better offensive game, dude is pretty bad on that end. Manu is still a beast though!

When Manu, Kawai Leonard, Tim, and Tiago were on the floor together the defense was vintage Spurs..... Hopefully they can keep this up!

Kawai :wub: George Hill who?

Impressive win by the Spurs.

I get that this is a younger team but I'm worried about how Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan hold up in this shortened season. Duncan will probably sit out the back-to-back-to-backs but its still a rigorous schedule.

Manu is definitely the key to this team. Pop needs to limit his minutes and have him sit some B2Bs, same with Duncan. I think the Spurs need to move Ginobili back to the bench and have James Anderson start who has shown to have a pretty smooth offensive game. I'd also like to see Kawai start over Jefferson. Jefferson seems to play better as the number 1 or 2 option instead of watching Tony, Manu, and Tim. When the Spurs ran plays for him he looked more comfortable.

With Leonard, Splitter, and Duncan the Spurs are so much better defensively, this lineup should be the closers IMO.

The young guns are going to get a lot of work this season, but are capable of taking pressure off of Manu and Tim. Gary Neal should also be coming back in a week or so!