Boston at Miami

Real Deal

He made the shot, but I really don't like that three from Bosh there. I know he was wide open and all, but the Heat need to continue to pound the ball inside as they are getting absolutely whatever they want in the paint when LeBron, Wade and Bosh decide to drive into the paint. Continue to put the pressure on the Celtics defense by attacking and not settling.

Once they start sagging off trying to protect the paint, then you take advantage from the outside.

It is kind of ridiculous that it took them an entire year before they realized that there is not a team in the league that can stop the Heat in transition.

Better late than never, though.

They did try it last year...however, this year's team is a lot more athletic. Instead of Bibby/Arroyo with Chalmers backing them it's Chalmers with Cole backing him up, and at C instead of Dampier/Ilgauskas they are playing Anthony and then Bosh/Haslem. Speaking of Haslem, he was out much of last year, so guys like Howard got a lot more minutes last season.

I am LOVING this new offensive system, though. Less set play calls, just a system built on principles, much like the Princeton/Triangle offense. And now that they got a year of chemistry under their belts and LeBron is more willing to work in the post/midrange, it is really devastating.

Miami is terrible against the zone.

They were useless against Dallas in the Finals and can't do anything against Boston in this game.

They really need to sort out their zone offense.

Cole has hit some big shots in this quarter, though. They haven't been difficult ones, but still impressed none the less.

Still firmly believe Cole was a product of the zone defense tonight though. He was impressive throughout, but he benefited a lot from Bron and Wade's reluctance to take the three which Boston was giving them.

I hate to pull out the excuses here, but the refs have been cruel to the Celtics. The Knicks game and tonight against the Heat, two vital games that were decided by late game calls that shouldn't have been made. I'm not saying the Celtics would have won if the refs didn't call anything at all, because they still were missing their closer in Pierce, but regardless, it changed the outcome of the game.

69 points in one half is an embarrassment, Doc should have stuck with the zone all game rather than fluctuating between that and the man defense.

KG is really falling off, but he deserves to be the starter. A major reason why Bass has played so well is because he's in a limited role now. But throughout the game, you saw Bosh going right at Garnett, he no longer fears KG.

I doubt it, we have really played like crap in stretches these 2 games. We are just lucky enough to have such a big lead that they can't come back once we start screwing up. Any team that hangs around can beat us, we still seem to blow at closing out games.

Edited by SRV

• Owner

It's not a surprise to see Boston struggling to keep up with such an athletic team, but also not shocking to see the Celtics play catch up late in the game. Boston can make you work on the defensive end, and it really does tire legs...and when Miami starts to feel that burn, they tend to go away from what works. They will run less, rely more on shooters, and it's depressing to see (for Miami fans) because they have three guys who should be able to go to work all game long.

I'm not sure if Boston wins this with Pierce, though. Ray Allen really pulled them back into this game, and I doubt Pierce gets that 28-30 against LeBron, probably shoots a low percentage this game and keeps the ball out of Ray's hands a little too much. Who knows, though.

Miami has ran the Celtics and Mavs to death in these first two games. I'm interested to see what they will do in a few weeks, when they go to LA to play the Clippers. Before that, they have it pretty easy these next couple of weeks.

It is depressing. I see Wade and James running laps on teams and then the 4th quarter comes and they literally walk around the perimeter and do nothing. Not complaining with the results so far, but we haven't done much improvement to closing out games.