Brandon Jennings Turns His Swag On

:lol: He is raw

I love this guy. He reminds me of Marbury all over again, just his attitude and all that. He's gonna be quite a character, arriving late at the NBA draft, talking crap about Rubio, and recently there was a video going around on Youtube with him and Joe Buddens, and Jennings basically trashed New York for not picking him and talked crap about Duhon.

http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/brandon-jennings-joe-budden-video-pg-blasts-knicks-ricky-rubio

Compton in the house, he's gonna be a beast

Edited by phiLA

The draft thing was a bit overboard, there should be no reason that he comes out like that and disrespects the other team and that. When Jennings talked to the guy from NY or whoever he is, he didn't even no he was on air. The guy is a character that's for sure, but he has the talent to be a great player.

Judging by how he performed in Italy - I'm going to go out on a limb and say not well.

No one has good stats in Italy you nut. Lol learn something about basketball. Jenning is jus a raw "ghetto" kid thats all. He speaks his mind without being a little pansy about it. I think he is better than most of the guards in the draft and when he hits the floor and proves all of you guys wrong you probably will be on his you know what faster than I can say DYNOMITE :(

He is everything that's wrong about Marbury and AI... he has talent but he's now strictly an individual player, I doubt he can be a team player anytime soon. He's on collision course with Skiles, I can't see him stay in Milwaukee for long. I wouldn't say bust but he won't be a superstar.

He should be enough motivation for Rubio to try play in NBA next year... I can't wait for these two to meet on the court :unsure:

Edited by Snake

Jennings started out on my bad-side when he opted to play overseas instead of choosing a free college education. Then the news came out that he couldn't pass his SAT, which is absolutely pitiful. Didn't hear about him for awhile until SLAM did their issue with Rubio and him, and I kinda started liking Jennings. Then came the events in the week leading up to the draft when he called out Rubio, said he's the best PG, most NBA ready, and blah, blah, blah. Dude, just shut up and let your game speak. Unfortunately, I think he's one of those talents that can more than hang with almost everyone at his position, but he'll be too much of a headcase to do anything special in the league. Dude needs a major attitude adjustment, straight up. There's a huge difference between being a confident player with some swag to your game and being simply a cocky SOB.

This is a interview on Draft Day Jennings had to clear up he isn't a big jerk as you guys say.

What’s Ricky Rubio like?

Brandon JenningsBrandon Jennings “Actually, Ricky’s a cool guy. He’s kinda quiet and laid back, but he’s a cool guy. We really didn’t talk much, but in December, I was asking him if he was coming out and he was telling me no.”

What prompted you to make those comments about Rubio prior to the Draft?

“Well, I’m a competitor, and I like to compete against the best. Since he’s the best PG in the draft as everyone says, then I wanna go against the best. I was wrong for saying the kid is all hype. Like I said, he has more experience than everyone in this draft. But, I’m a competitor and I want the top spot, and I think I let my competitiveness get the best of me a little bit. I just want to prove to everybody that I’m the best. At the end of the day, I wanna be the best. That’s all.”

Do you think that you’re undervalued?

“Yeah, I think because I didn’t get a lot of playing time, my stats weren’t as high as everyone thought they were going to be. It was a real challenging season, but when I stepped into these workouts, I think I surprised a lot of people. You know, when you get in the open court with me, you gotta try to keep up because I am pretty fast.”

What’s your best memory from this past season?

“I think playing against Earl Boykins. Yeah, playing against little Earl. We were in the same league, so we played against each other three times. Just having to guard him full court for a good thirty minutes was kind of hard for me, but I held my own. It was a challenge. Just to go against a guy that played in the League for a long time was really good for me.”

Link: http://www.nbadraft.net/node/8145

Jennings started out on my bad-side when he opted to play overseas instead of choosing a free college education. Then the news came out that he couldn't pass his SAT, which is absolutely pitiful. Didn't hear about him for awhile until SLAM did their issue with Rubio and him, and I kinda started liking Jennings. Then came the events in the week leading up to the draft when he called out Rubio, said he's the best PG, most NBA ready, and blah, blah, blah. Dude, just shut up and let your game speak. Unfortunately, I think he's one of those talents that can more than hang with almost everyone at his position, but he'll be too much of a headcase to do anything special in the league. Dude needs a major attitude adjustment, straight up. There's a huge difference between being a confident player with some swag to your game and being simply a cocky SOB.

He never said he was the best pointguard. He said there are better guards than RUBIO in this draft and he named them. People need to get their facts straight before they open up their mouth about a player. I don't even like posting in the regular forums anymore because it seems like everyone on OTR just goes by what one person says. Like you guys don't have opinions or minds of your own. Its like OMG Smoke said this so it must be true. Let me not THINK and find out some facts but I just want to show that I'm active so I'm just co-sign what he said to make me fit in and look cool. Like come on Rubio stats weren't even that great overseas and how long has he been playing over there ? lol

Edited by Smoke