Philadelphia at Utah

Real Deal

Some poor play from both teams down the stretch, but ultimately the Sixers missed free throws came back to bit them in the ass. Iguodala missed 3 in the final few minutes and Brand missed another. I also am not a big fan of that final play by the Sixers considering how off Williams was with his jumper all night. I would've liked to see them go to either Holiday or Iguodala who both shot the ball much, much better than Williams did.

I like what I saw from Gordan Hayward tonight. He is never going to be an all-star or anything like that, but he is a very skilled player. Nice jump shot, utilizes screens very well, doesn't force anything, solid handles and a very good decision maker. He is going to have a nice career if he continues to develop and progress like he has since entering the league.

In the post, Kanter showed some outstanding footwork. He had three really nice moves including one that looked strikingly similar to a dream shake. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the softest touch around the rim yet and was only able to convert one of his three excellent post moves.

I also liked what I saw from him on the glass. He uses his body well and most importantly, he doesn't wait for the ball to come to him but instead goes hard after it.

He has a lot of work to do defensively, though. He was constantly out of position, slow rotating over and was abused by Hawes in pick and pops as he was way too slow closing out on Hawes and it resulted in way too many easy jumpers.

Speaking of Hawes, I have been really impressed with him so far. He is battling on the glass, sticking open jumpers and his passing has really jumped out at me. I never realized he was such a good passer and it has added a nice wrinkle to the Sixers offense. They are going to be tough to stop if he continues to play like this.

A much needed win for the Jazz. If they would've let this one slip away after that terrible foul from Miles and the Harris turnover right after, it would have been heartbreaking and demoralizing for this young team. Good for them to gut it out and come up with a hard fought victory.