New York at Washington

Real Deal

• 2 weeks later...

Knicks cut the lead to 1 at half, they were down 16 at one point. Wizards made their biggest mistake in making things chippy (Singleton/Melo, Serafin/Amar'e-Chandler) because now the Knicks are playing with purpose. Melo got pissed and took over late in that 2nd quarter.. his backdown of Singleton, who is known as a good defender, was awesome.

Haha hell yeah I remember one play in particular where Melo took Singleton off the dribble and Singleton fouled him/poked the ball oob from behind and right after he protested the call he came over and started clapping his hands in Melos face, I was like "oh man if I was Melo'd I'd take the ball and shove it right down his throat" seems he doing it. Shumpert makes rookie mistakes on D but overall looks great out there, funny we passed on Singleton to take Shump, really either would have been a good pick but with our dire need of guards Shump is obviously better. Anyway nice to see Amar'e getting free lanes to the rim, he'll be fine as soon as he gets his jumpshot back. We are such a better team when the Wizards got a guy like Singleton who is 0 threat so Melo can play lazy d like he likes to..

btw doesn't it feel like the Knicks miss each other on passes so much, mainly after screens, I feel like we have so many back door opportunities and we just start throwing bad swing passes...I feel like we miss a pass every 4-5 possessions...

Iman comes out for Toney Douglas and instantly it's a 4 points swing as Douglas dribbles around and wastes the clock on two straight possessions

lol I was just gonna post the same thing Douglas comes and Wall goes straight by him to the rim and then Toney proves just how bad of a point guard he is.

I loved everything about what we were doing right until Toney came in. Melo is ballin' Stat got his jumper back, Shumpert looking like a pro out on both sides. Team look great. Toney comes in and it's like I'm reliving the nightmares of Raptors and Bobcats. I hate to say it but for now Shumpert is the answer, kid looks great.

Btw is it just me or does anyone else love Melo's smile. It's so contagious rarely do you see guys always smiling and having that big of a smile, I can't help but smile back it's funny.

Nice shooting by Bibby there at the end.

Defense still needs a ton of work.. guys keep over rotating, doubling down on Blatche, then the help leaves Singleton or Nick Young open to help on Wall.. you can't over commit when the guy you're leaving can hit 3's and the guy you're helping on can't.

Knicks get good looks with Shumpert on the floor, end of story, not to mention the improved D. If Bibby is playing like this then Toney Douglas might want to get comfortable on that bench until he learns how to pass.

Is there any question that Iman Shumpert should be starting for this ballclub? 10 points, 3 rebounds, 7 assists, 5 steals, a block, and a +20. Makes smart decisions, hits the open man, super athletic, plays hardnosed defense.. he is the best player on this team after the big 3.