Denver at San Antonio

Real Deal

• 2 weeks later...

Really bad matchup tonight against the Nuggets. They have a ton of depth, are 2nd best in the league guarding the 3 point line (Spurs major weapon) , and they get to the foul line at a great rate, which the San Antonio defense relies on keeping people off the line. Without Manu this game will be tough..... Go Spurs

TJ Ford is playing incredibly well coming off the bench. He is turning out to be a GREAT pick-up this offseason.

I know that the Nuggets played last night, but the Spurs young guys (Danny Green , Tiago Splitter, Dejuan Blair, TJ Ford, Kawai Leonard, and Gary Neal) are playing awesome. Spurs have a lot of fresh young legs, but people will look at Duncan and Manu and still label this team as "old"

• Owner
SAN ANTONIO -- When Manu Ginobili went down with a thumb injury earlier this week, it seemed to spell trouble for the San Antonio Spurs.

The injury meant something else for Danny Green: a golden opportunity.

The athletic swingman, who spent much of last season in the NBA Development League, scored a career-high 24 points in a 121-117 win over the Denver Nuggets on Saturday night.

After playing only eight games for the Spurs last season, Green has been the first player off the bench for them in the last two games. He responded on offense against the Nuggets and also added seven rebounds, two steals and two blocks.

"Luck. Opportunity," Green said of his performance. "I mean a lot of things. My teammates made the game real easy for me tonight. Timmy [Duncan] does what he does. Tony [Parker] does what he does, penetrate and kick. Find me for a lot of open shots. All I do really is knock down the open shot and play defense."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20120107_DEN@SA