Indiana at Philadelphia

Real Deal

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner
While their offensive has been clicking, the Philadelphia 76ers are enjoying their best start in 11 seasons behind a stifling defensive display.

The Indiana Pacers have also experienced plenty of early-season success by clamping down on their opponents.

Points could be at a premium as the Pacers visit a 76ers team seeking a fifth consecutive victory for the first time in almost two years Monday night.

Off to its best start since winning its first 10 games in 2000-01, Philadelphia (5-2) ranks near the top of the league with 100.9 points per contest. The 76ers, however, have been even more impressive defending their end of the court, where they're surrendering a league-low average of 85.6 points.

Philadelphia's defensive prowess was on full display during Saturday's 97-62 rout of Toronto. The Raptors' point total was the lowest in the 15-year history of the Wells Fargo Center and the second-lowest by an opponent since the start of the 1985-86 season.

"It's all about playing defense. We know we can score. It's all about how we react and how we respond on defense," forward Elton Brand told the team's official website.

The 76ers, who haven't won five in a row since Jan. 31-Feb. 9, 2010, have outscored opponents by an average of 23.5 points during their run.

http://www.nba.com/games/20120109/INDPHI/gameinfo.html

I'll be going to the Kings-Sixers game, got free 3rd row seats between the hoop and 3pt line (dad gets them from his company for marketing purposes...also going to see the Heat on 2/3). I am actually very excited to see this team in person. I really haven't paid much attention to them this season, but every time I look they win with a smothering defense. If I can, I'll take pics and post them here.

I'll be going to the Kings-Sixers game, got free 3rd row seats between the hoop and 3pt line (dad gets them from his company for marketing purposes...also going to see the Heat on 2/3). I am actually very excited to see this team in person. I really haven't paid much attention to them this season, but every time I look they win with a smothering defense. If I can, I'll take pics and post them here.

You should have plenty of space to stretch your legs!