Suns On Lost Path

Sun Tzu

Quick write up.

----

To be honest, I don't think anyone can predict what the Suns next move will be. Did anyone even expect them to trade Marion away two seasons ago? Did anyone predict Shaq being traded before the season ended seeing as how well he played with the Suns. The Suns have changed paths so many times in the last few years, first when Marion was traded for Shaq, then the firing of D'Antoni and then the Jason Richardson trade earlier on in the season and then finally the Shaq trade recently.

But that's not what we are concerned about right now. All the trades are all said and done and cannot be reversed. The Suns are now in a position where they cannot do much. They have no goals for the future, no objective, no plans. They Suns are stuck in between a playoff-bound team and a low-tier team.

All of the Suns' fate rests upon Amar'e Stoudemire. Steve Nash just isn't himself unless there is an all-star caliber player alongside him, someone he can rely on to score. Amar'e is the only one on the team who can provide them with an inside presence on the offense right now.

Moves need to be made and the Suns need to stick on one path, whether they want to focus on the future or whether they want to win now. But right now, they seem to be wanting to win seeing as they just extended Steve Nash's contract for another two seasons. But there's no doubt they wouldn't have done it, Steve Nash fits in the Sun's system and the Suns will need Steve Nash.

Whether they want to trade Amar'e or keep him will possibly change the path of the Suns, whether they do it or not will also change the path of the Suns.

"They have no goals for the future, no objective, no plans."

Because if they did, they would have sent you a full report.

All of the Suns' fate rests upon Amar'e Stoudemire. Steve Nash just isn't himself unless there is an all-star caliber player alongside him, someone he can rely on to score. Amar'e is the only one on the team who can provide them with an inside presence on the offense right now.

It would seem that you were in a coma for the 2005-2006 season, so I'll fill you in: Steve Nash can pick up 56 wins without the benefit of Amare. In fact, you have it completely backwards. It's Stoudemire that is merely a good player if he isn't being set up by an artist point guard.

I don't know why pessimism has become such a fad. The Suns were a (miserable?) 46-36 last year, and that counts the loss of Stoudemire for a significant portion of the season. If their days as a contender are over, it's entirely possible for them to win 50 games or more.

If a core comprised of Nash, Stoudemire, Jason Richardson, and Leandro Barbosa is too pathetic for you to bear, then perhaps you should hide until we trade for LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chuck Norris. I'll tell you when it's safe to come out.

I don't understand the moves they made. They trade Shaq, get Earl Clark and sign Channing Frye...good moves for rebuilding. Then they come around and resign Steve Nash and Grant Hill....contender moves.

They need to decide whether to rebuild or not, because they've made moves going both ways and imo....management needs to be fixed.