Cleveland at Charlotte

Real Deal

• 4 weeks later...

Irving continues to prove why he is far and away the best rookie in the league despite the hype that Rubio has gotten.

He put up 25 points, 7 assists and 4 rebounds on 9-16 shooting today while holding Kemba Walker to an abysmal 6-21 shooting. His ability to pentrate is really impressive. For such a young player, he really does a great job of mixing up his speeds and keeping the defense on their heels. He is going to be an absolute stud.

Varejao with a couple of big buckets down the stretch to help the Cavs get and hold onto the lead. A very solid game from him with 14/12.

I also thought that Casspi played his best game as a Cav, at least out of the ones that I have watched so far. He didn't just camp behind the 3 point line launching bombs. He did a nice job of getting out in transition which resulted in some trips to the line, was more active on the glass and did a nice job of using pump fakes to get his shot off. His 14/7 numbers aren't spectacular by any means, but I thought he had a solid game.

For the Bobcats, Augustin was brilliant in the 1st half. He still played well in the 2nd but wasn't as dominant as he was in the 1st when he scored something like 16 points. Despite his lack of size and not great athleticism, he does a really nice job of creating space for himself to get off his jumper.

Henderson continues his very solid season. He doesn't seem to get much recognition for his play but he has really put it all together in his third season and has put together a very nice season thus far.

White was nice off of the bench as Thomas struggled.

• Like 1