Oklahoma City at Washington

Real Deal

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome game, enjoyed it a lot.

Wall played another outstanding game, he's starting to switch gears instead of going full speed, and is learning when to attack the paint in the halfcourt set.

Vesely is already our best man defender as well as our best pick and roll defender. The stretch where he was playing alongside McGee early in the fourth was amazing. They play off eachother very well.

Nick and Crawford played terrific as well. Nick didn't have it going early, but he lit it up in the fourth and played good defense on Durant.

Young is so streaky it isn't funny. He looked like complete shit in the 1st half and then in the 2nd it seemed like he couldn't miss anything. He takes a lot of stupid shots still, but I can't blame him when you hit a bunch in a row like he did for taking some heat check jumpers. Him getting hot from 3 really opened up the rest of the floor for his teammates.

Wall did a nice job of getting to the line but he still needs a lot of work on his jumper and finishing around the basket. I know he hit a few jumpers last night, but it is still way too inconsistent. I don't just mean how often he makes it, but his form itself seems to change on every 2nd jumper he takes. He needs to tighten that up.

I was impressed with how he played under control, though. Most games he runs around going full speed and gets himself in trouble because of it. Last night he did a nice job of mixing speeds and staying in control, which enabled him to make passes that he otherwise wouldn't have been able to make. That transition three he set up for, I believe, Young and the pass that led to a McGee foul late in the 4th are the two best examples of this.

He also did a great job of playing help defense tonight. He didn't do a great job on Westbrook, but he did a nice job of getting in the passing lanes and drawing charges like that one on Durant in the final 30 seconds or so.

I like Vesely's energy. He is never going to be much of a threat with the ball in his hands (at least in my opinion, an opinion I had before he was even drafted) but he does a great job of moving without the ball, running the lanes, getting on the glass and creating plenty of scoring opportunities through hustle plays like that. On a team with so many low IQ, ball dominant players, he is a much needed fit.

McGee really needs to stop goaltending everything. I know he is a great shot blocker and he wants to contest everything, but he needs to reel himself in a bit. Some of the goaltends that he does are just retarded, especially those ones that he does after a foul is called.

For the Thunder it just looked like Durant and Westbrook ran out of gas at the end. Nobody else really provided much offensive help as Harden was struggling and they did a great job of carrying the team in the first three quarters, but in the 4th they were both pressing and forcing things that weren't there. Durant made some very questionable decisions with the ball that led to two huge charges going against him.

They were both great in the first three quarters, though.