Denver at New York

Real Deal

Many pts were from line, many pts were when Melo had 5 fouls and could not guard Gallo, too.

Why are you making excuses? Gallinari had 10 more points on 11 less attempts. That is pathetic. Considering two of the guys we dealt for Melo teabagged us tonight, are we not allowed to voice displeasure?

Melo is obviously hurting, not getting much support when he does pass. Only reason we were in it at the end was because Melo stepped up big time. Instead of blaming Melo, fans should look at Stoudemire. He could go down as the most overrated player of all time. He. Does. Nothing.

Carmelo shot 10-30 (33%) from the floor. The rest of the team went 31-68 (46%). I don't want to hear this "no support" nonsense. The guy is a superstar, right? Enough to warrant trading our entire roster for him? Let's stop giving him a pass.

Amar'e is the product of a system that no longer involves his style of play and doesn't have the pieces necessary to make him an effective player. Last year, in the uptempo/P&R offense with a competent PG, he carried the team on his shoulders for long stretches of the season. That changed when Isolation Melo came to town.

Maybe Amar'e's ineffectiveness changes when Baron gets back, maybe it doesn't. But I'll say this.. when Melo is shooting 30 times in a night (when he isn't even feeling it), there isn't much room for him to score the basketball anyway.

Why are you making excuses? Gallinari had 10 more points on 11 less attempts. That is pathetic. Considering two of the guys we dealt for Melo teabagged us tonight, are we not allowed to voice displeasure?

Carmelo shot 10-30 (33%) from the floor. The rest of the team went 31-68 (46%). I don't want to hear this "no support" nonsense. The guy is a superstar, right? Enough to warrant trading our entire roster for him? Let's stop giving him a pass.

Amar'e is the product of a system that no longer involves his style of play and doesn't have the pieces necessary to make him an effective player. Last year, in the uptempo/P&R offense with a competent PG, he carried the team on his shoulders for long stretches of the season. That changed when Isolation Melo came to town.

Maybe Amar'e's ineffectiveness changes when Baron gets back, maybe it doesn't. But I'll say this.. when Melo is shooting 30 times in a night (when he isn't even feeling it), there isn't much room for him to score the basketball anyway.

He's had a bad few games? Do you remember the playoffs last season? Guy had like 42/16...two games up in Boston we could've easily won if the rest of the team contributed a god damn [expletive]ing thing.

The supporting cast is AWFUL. It has to be one of the worst benches/role players in the history of the NBA. Landry Fields, Toney Douglas, Josh Harrellson...these guys don't deserve to be starters/key reserves!!!!

And Melo has had a bad 3-4 games, he's been banged up. The guy has been pretty good outside of like 5-10 games in a Knick uniform. He's shot poorly for 4-5 games, let's give the guy a break. It's time for other guys to step up and hit some shots. Douglas and several others had open shots in the 4th qtr they missed.

Also, Knicks got bad breaks last night. Andre Miller hitting that 3 at almost half court completely changed the outcome of the game.

To compare Gallinari to Carmelo is foolish & i can't talk basketball with someone who is going to act like he's a better player. Sure, statistically he had a better game last night, but did you not see the 4-5 huge shots Carmelo hit (tough shots too) in the 4th quarter/OT?? wtf man

Is Shumpert hurt? where the hell was he? Why don't we run any plays for Stoudemire? Why are all our inbounds plays the same exact thing? Why is Landry still try to cover Gallinari? smh please get rid of D'antoni, I cannot watch this anymore.

He's had a bad few games? Do you remember the playoffs last season? Guy had like 42/16...two games up in Boston we could've easily won if the rest of the team contributed a god damn [expletive]ing thing.

So you're going to sit back on one game from the playoffs last year? Our 6-10 record while he shoots at a 40% clip on 21 attempts per game is alright, and all because of one playoff game last year? Game 1 he was 5-18 and Game 3 he was 4-16. But at least he showed up one game!

The supporting cast is AWFUL. It has to be one of the worst benches/role players in the history of the NBA. Landry Fields, Toney Douglas, Josh Harrellson...these guys don't deserve to be starters/key reserves!!!!

Even if true, those guys shot at a 13-28 clip last night, good for 46% from the floor.

And Melo has had a bad 3-4 games, he's been banged up. The guy has been pretty good outside of like 5-10 games in a Knick uniform. He's shot poorly for 4-5 games, let's give the guy a break. It's time for other guys to step up and hit some shots. Douglas and several others had open shots in the 4th qtr they missed.

He's a volume shooter. The Knicks played better with him than without him last season. They've been atrocious with him this year. I'm not a Melo apologist, so I refuse to make excuses for him.

Also, Knicks got bad breaks last night. Andre Miller hitting that 3 at almost half court completely changed the outcome of the game.

That's not a game changing situation if Melo didn't miss 20 shots.

To compare Gallinari to Carmelo is foolish & i can't talk basketball with someone who is going to act like he's a better player. Sure, statistically he had a better game last night, but did you not see the 4-5 huge shots Carmelo hit (tough shots too) in the 4th quarter/OT?? wtf man

I never said that he's a better player, but he sure as shit played a much better game last night. Care to debate that?

Melo probably did hit some tough shots last night. He's talented and took 30 attempts. That doesn't mean that he played anything other than a horrendous basketball game.