Phoenix at Dallas

Real Deal

• 5 weeks later...
  • Owner

That's 15 consecutive games of holding their opponents to under 100 points...franchise record. Dallas is getting it done on the defensive end, even without Chandler, and that's huge. With all of those talented defensive players, it's no surprise that they would buy into the same defensive scheme that brought them their championship last season.

Marion is stepping up, by the way...start calling him The Matrix again. He's playing better now than Dirk has all season long.

I'm watching this game right now and how awesome was that one sequence from Odom with 4:53 seconds left in the 1st half?

Gets to the line and proceeds to brick both free throws (neither one were even close to going in). Mavs get the offensive rebound, Kidd swings the ball to Odom who shoots up an airball from three. Odom's expression of disinterest throughout the sequence doesn't change for a second. The camera then zooms in on Cuban sitting on the sideline glaring at Odom and shaking his head and swearing to himself.

Pretty much sums up Odom's season so far. :lol:

• Owner

I'm watching this game right now and how awesome was that one sequence from Odom with 4:53 seconds left in the 1st half?

Gets to the line and proceeds to brick both free throws (neither one were even close to going in). Mavs get the offensive rebound, Kidd swings the ball to Odom who shoots up an airball from three. Odom's expression of disinterest throughout the sequence doesn't change for a second. The camera then zooms in on Cuban sitting on the sideline glaring at Odom and shaking his head and swearing to himself.

Pretty much sums up Odom's season so far. :lol:

Didn't see any of that, but I'm not surprised. Odom would give anything to be back in LA, probably even for the Clippers...doesn't matter to him. He should have taken a few extra days to think about his decision to be traded, instead of rushing into camp and demanding it.

Marion almost looking like vintage Matrix out there. Draining threes, hitting all sorts of crazy one handed runners and flip shots in the lane and wreaking havoc on the defensive end. The only thing missing is him grabbing 10-13 boards a night like he used to. Very impressed with how he has been playing as of late and this game was perhaps the best of all.

Mahinmi did a nice job off the bench as well. I liked his energy and he was knocking down his free throws at a nice 75% clip.

I thought Nash was pretty bad tonight. His shot was off and he had a bit too many unforced turnovers for my liking. With so much pressure being placed on him to create offense for the team I understand that there will be games that he has high turnovers, but tonight many of them were just poor ones. A few misplaced passes, being lazy with his dribble and things like that. Not a good game for him tonight.

Gortat played really well, though. He is really starting to hit his stride over the past 8 or 9 games after a slow start to the season. In fact, I thought Lopez should be starting over him with how he played in the first few games. That clearly isn't the case as he is proving to be crucial to this teams success.