30 wins this season?

I think this will be the first time in a long time that the team finally goes above a low 20 win season. The defense has improved, the depth has as well, and there is another year of experience for young developing players like Conley, Gay, Mayo, and Arthur. The team also finally has a low post player. Say what you want about Zach Randolph but he can score points and rebound, which is something the team really lacked last season. Things can only get better this year IMO.

I'll say they get to 36 or 37 wins this year. Next year they might even be a playoff team. I expect the Thunder and Grizzlies to start a rivalry, as both are about the same level now and both have very bright futures.

As long as Conley develops into a better PG and Thabeet plays good D and rebounds then they'll be a solid team, maybe 34-37 wins

P.S. I like the roots sig

Conley was playing really well once Hollins was hired so I don't think he'll be the problem. Thabeet really didn't wow anyone in the summer league with his scoring and rebounding so I think he won't be a starter for a while. He'll probably get a good 20-25 minutes off the bench and continue to get more time as the season continues. Gasol as of now is a better scorer and rebounder. He is much tougher as well.

man it sucks that it always has to be a team in the league that only amasses a really low amount of wins in a season. i wonder if its even numerically possible for all teams in the nba to finish at .500 or better for a season.

i can't speak on how many games the grizzlies win because they are a bad team, and you can't really give bad teams the benefit of the doubt.

• Owner

Thabeet sure did disappoint in the SL.

I wasn't really expecting him to start anyways, to be honest, after the Grizzlies grabbed Zach Randolph. I think it was a given that Marc Gasol was going to be the better player, at least for a few seasons.

With all of that talent, you'd think that they'd be a playoff team. It may come true, however, as Mayo turns into a superstar.

The continuing problem is defense. The only people in the starting lineup that play defense are Thabeet and Gasol, depending on who starts. Conley can't play a lick of defense. Mayo is the one who is improving the fastest but he is by no means a player who can lead the defense and please don't get me started on Rudy Gay and Zach Randolph. There are some good players coming off the bench that can play defense like Arthur, Carrol, or Haddadi, but the team really needs a lock down perimeter defender with veteran leadership. Battier would be ideal.