Atlanta at Toronto

Real Deal

• 1 month later...

I really liked the decision from Casey to go small against the Nets by starting Bayless at the two, moving DeRozan to the 3 and Johnson to the 4. It gave them a much needed offensive boost as Bayless' scoring and breakdown ability was a new element to the starting lineup without Bargs.

However, I can't see the Raptors going with that small lineup today. It would work in terms of matching up James with Smith and DeRozan would be fine on Williams since he is primarily a spot up shooter, but having Bayless on Johnson would be brutal. Bayless played great defense on Deron the other night, but Johnson would dominate him.

I can see him starting Butler to guard Johnson, but other than that I think he will keep James at the 4 to guard Smith.

Not sure if Teague is playing for the Hawks tonight. Last I heard he was still "day-to-day" with a sprained ankle.

• Like 1

Didn't even manage to make it to the 8 minute mark of the 4th quarter of this one.

Once I saw DeRozan playing like complete ass, Bayless chucking and Johnson sucking, there really wasn't any point in continuing to watch this shitfest. Tomorrow against Boston is probably going to be even worse.

I do have to say that it was pretty funny seeing Marvin Williams not being able to score over Jose Calderon in the post. Man, that guy is terrible.

Also, Jeff Teague is an idiot. Rasual Butler turns his ankle and can barely move (yet the Raptors decide not to foul for some reason) and rather than pass the ball to Joe Johnson so that he can exploit the injured Butler, Teague decides to go one-on-one against Calderon or Bayless (can't remember who it was), not once, but twice. He really doesn't have any sort of point guard skills at all.

I guess lack of basketball IQ runs in the family since Marquis Teague is a complete moron for Kentucky as well.

Johnson was lights out in the first half and McGrady was great off the bench. They were easily the two best Hawks tonight. Johnson did a nice job of setting the tone early and once McGrady came off the bench, he continued that level of play Johnson established. Nice game for the two of them.

• Owner

Man, the Raptors desperately need a back-to-the-basket scorer down low. That team would have a much, much easier time with one.

And yes, Marvin Williams is the anti-beast. I'm not sure if he knows a single post move.

Man, the Raptors desperately need a back-to-the-basket scorer down low. That team would have a much, much easier time with one.

And yes, Marvin Williams is the anti-beast. I'm not sure if he knows a single post move.

At this point, I'd take anybody who can score. I don't care if it is a back-to-the-basket scorer, a mid range scorer, a three point scorer or a guy who scores with the ladies.