Sacramento at Golden State

• 1 month later...
  • Owner
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Mark Jackson has called himself a "flow coach" since he started with the Golden State Warriors this season, imploring that he will ride whatever works no matter how unconventional it seems.

Jackson proved so much against his predecessor.

Brandon Rush scored 15 of his 20 points in the fourth quarter to spark a late rally, and the Warriors spoiled former coach Keith Smart's return with a 93-90 victory over the Sacramento Kings on Tuesday night.

Rush finished 4 for 5 from 3-point range and highlighted a 9-0 run to start the final period that carried Jackson past the man who had his job a season ago. Jackson sat stars Stephen Curry and Monta Ellis for almost the entire fourth quarter, riding his bench with a curious move that paid off big.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20120131_SAC@GS

Paid off big because my dude BRANDON RUSH came through! I got to see the second half of the game this morning...he did damn good in that fourth. I hope he continues to get these opportunities.

Mark Jackson has become one of my favorite coaches this year; he is impratical and not afraid to take chances.

Edited by Art Hues