Chicago at Philadelphia

Real Deal

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but from my count paying about 70% attention to the matter:

Derrick Rose without Jrue Holiday guarding him:

8 points, 4-4 shooting

Derrick Rose with Jrue Holiday guarding him:

10 points, 4-13 shooting

Beast.

Sixers defense as a whole in that 3rd quarter was very impressive. Completely shut down everything the Bulls wanted to do. Rose couldn't get in the paint and the times he did get by Holiday, Jrue did an excellent job of funneling him towards the baseline help. Great team defense all around.

Iggy also went kind of nuts in that quarter. That one dunk where he went by Korver really energized him and got him on a nice roll. He really was doing it all from scoring, running the offense, passing, defending, rebounding. You name it, he did it.

Thad was awesome as well. Took over in the 2nd to get the Sixers out in front and they didn't look back from that point on.

That is what I love about this Sixer team. Brand, Turner and Williams combine for just 6-26 shooting and yet you are still able to come away with a win over the Bulls (without Deng and Rip, but still) because you have Iguodala drop 19 on 8-13 shooting, Thad drop 18 on 7-12 shooting, Holiday drop 17 on 8-15 shooting and Lavoy Allen drop 15 on 7-10 shooting. So much depth on this team, although I don't think you can count on this kind of play from Allen on a consistent basis, haha.