Miami at Indiana

Real Deal

• 1 month later...

So I think it is safe to say that the Pacers want absolutely no part of the Heat in the playoffs based on how the first two games these two have played each other have gone.

Heat have absolutely crushed them so far.

Also, the Heat became the first team in 33 years to win back-to-back-to-back road games.

• Owner

Also, the Heat became the first team in 33 years to win back-to-back-to-back road games.

Impressive, but how often does that opportunity present itself for any team every year? Aside from the lockout year (meaning this season), I really can't remember teams going back-to-back-to-back on the road.

Not even the Lakers have that during their huge road trip (during the Grammys).

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2011_games.html

I dipped into the 1998-99 season, and just selected the Heat, and noticed they didn't do it there, either.

Well, yeah, the opportunity doesn't exactly present itself given there have probably only been a handful of teams who even had the chance to win road games on consecutive nights. In today's NBA, it would require a special circumstance, such as a lockout, to even be given the opportunity to accomplish this feat.

I just thought it was a pretty interesting fact and an impressive feat.

This is why I get so frustrated with them sometimes because they can play like this on a nightly basis. Its just an effort thing with this team because when they play defense like they know how to, no one is beating them.

Impressive, but how often does that opportunity present itself for any team every year? Aside from the lockout year (meaning this season), I really can't remember teams going back-to-back-to-back on the road.

Not even the Lakers have that during their huge road trip (during the Grammys).

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2011_games.html

I dipped into the 1998-99 season, and just selected the Heat, and noticed they didn't do it there, either.

I could be wrong, but I believe ESPN said teams were 0-55 since 1979 trying to accomplish the feat.

What really made this win streak impressive is how they beat all 3 teams in dominant fashion, with 2 of those teams comfortably sitting in the playoff picture, and the Bucks beating the Heat twice earlier this season and being a fringe playoff team.