New Orleans at Milwaukee

Real Deal

• 1 month later...
  • Owner
MILWAUKEE -- Like the rest of his Milwaukee Bucks teammates, Brandon Jennings was searching for answers following what he called an "embarrassing" loss to the short-handed and struggling New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday night.

Marco Belinelli made a career-high six 3-pointers and scored a season-high 22 points to lead the Hornets to a 92-89 victory against Milwaukee. The Bucks have lost three straight and six of eight to fall further out of the Eastern Conference playoff picture, with the surging New York Knicks now in the No. 8 spot.

"It starts with myself," Jennings said. "I need to come out with a lot more energy, and I need to play harder. I can't say I've been playing hard the last couple games because I really haven't. I need to look in the mirror and ask myself, 'Is this something that I'm up for?' "

Ersan Ilyasova led the Bucks (12-17) with a season-high 23 points, two off his career high.

Chris Kaman added 18 points and 10 rebounds for New Orleans, which had lost eight in a row and 17 of 18 before beating Utah 86-80 on Monday.

Gusvtavo Ayon had 12 points and a career-high 12 rebounds as the Hornets (6-23) won their second successive game for the first time since starting the season 2-0.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20120215_NO@MIL