New York at Boston

Real Deal

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game was pretty good; missed much of the first half, caught the 2nd half while I was at work (being paid to watch NYK-BOS...can't beat it)...

It was a damn good game in the 2nd half, tough loss, but it left me somewhat encouraged. First of all, Lin was brutal in the first half from what I saw, and from his stat line. But in the 4th he came alive and made many key, clutch plays/shots. He should've even had more ast in the 4th than he had.

Amar'e is borderline useless at this point man...His defense is beyond awful. I remember when I tried to debate with RD and others that he was a decent defender, and he could play defense when he was determined to...I take that back. He is god awful on defense, and you can't even have him in at the end of the game because of it...

Carmelo with a great 4th qtr, and we must credit him for that, but he still misses many easy shots that we got accustom to seeing him make. Alan Hahn is on the radio and said it greatly, "We won't see what the Knicks truly are until Melo and Stoudemire play their best basketball. Both are playing far below their standards."

Amar'e is borderline useless at this point man...His defense is beyond awful. I remember when I tried to debate with RD and others that he was a decent defender, and he could play defense when he was determined to...I take that back. He is god awful on defense, and you can't even have him in at the end of the game because of it...

Yeah Amar'e was never like Melo in that if he is motivated he can play defense, Amar'e just straight can't play on ball D. His help defense is alright, when he hustles, and he's an alright shot blocker, but on ball defense is atrocious. I agree somewhat it's tough to decide what to do at the end of games. I think you just gotta match up, if you see a player on the floor that is like the 4th or 5th option and it is a player Amar'e can match up on then I say keep him in. However if we are playing a team like Orlando or Utah where they have 2 bigs that can murder you at the end of the game I say bring in Jeffries.

Edited by fish7718

Yeah Amar'e was never like Melo in that if he is motivated he can play defense, Amar'e just straight can't play on ball D. His help defense is alright, when he hustles, and he's an alright shot blocker, but on ball defense is atrocious. I agree somewhat it's tough to decide what to do at the end of games. I think you just gotta match up, if you see a player on the floor that is like the 4th or 5th option and it is a player Amar'e can match up on then I say keep him in. However if we are playing a team like Orlando or Utah where they have 2 bigs that can murder you at the end of the game I say bring in Jeffries.

Yeah man I see what you are saying. I can't even describe to you how many times thought that he's rotated over and has not raised his arms above his hips. Do his shoulders not work?

18 points, 17 rebounds, 20 assists, 13 missed shots.. quadruple double

You can't even hate tho...Knicks have no answer for the [expletive]a.

Not hating!

Aight Aight I'm just checking lol...

Knicks gotta be ready for Dallas though. Going to be a tough road trip, need to get 2 out of these next 4...

TBH Rondo wasn't even that good today, that is one of the best statlines I've ever seen, but he got it very quietly within the flow of the game. Have to imagine how of the boards were just defensive boards no one on the team ran down. It's funny cause Rondo has killed us many time before but that statlines range from worse to far worse. In terms of his impact on the game I'd say it was average vs us. Still yeah dude is a beast. Oh yeah and he played 48 minutes so that had to have helped as well.

All of the Celtics big 4 played 40+ minutes today, gotta imagine how burnt they will be come playoff time.

TBH Rondo wasn't even that good today, that is one of the best statlines I've ever seen, but he got it very quietly within the flow of the game. Have to imagine how of the boards were just defensive boards no one on the team ran down. It's funny cause Rondo has killed us many time before but that statlines range from worse to far worse. In terms of his impact on the game I'd say it was average vs us. Still yeah dude is a beast. Oh yeah and he played 48 minutes so that had to have helped as well.

All of the Celtics big 4 played 40+ minutes today, gotta imagine how burnt they will be come playoff time.

Yeah well I think you're going to see a lot of big Celts wins this second half, which will give the big 4 plenty of time to rest.

Yeah well I think you're going to see a lot of big Celts wins this second half, which will give the big 4 plenty of time to rest.

Like from the other thread, don't know how you are seeing this, they barely just beat us at home, and we sucked.

"I didn't know I couldn't look at him," Shumpert said. "I didn't say anything. He's the one who said something. I don't talk to the refs. I just looked at him. He's been talking the whole game. I don't say anything to anybody."

Yeah it was...

But I still think Boston is going to make a late season push. Rondo is starting to play real well, Pierce had a great game, and Allen can still shoot. Bass was great yesterday too.