Memphis at Denver

Real Deal

• 2 months later...
DENVER -- Sitting quietly at his locker, Andre Miller tore the stat sheet into shreds and put the bits of paper in the trash.

He knew that the last of his six turnovers cost the Denver Nuggets a potential game-tying shot in the final seconds.

O.J. Mayo also was mad at himself for committing six turnovers, but at least he could take satisfaction -- and considerable satisfaction at that -- in his shooting touch.

Mayo matched his season high with 22 points, including a critical 3-pointer in the closing seconds and the Memphis Grizzlies hung on to beat the Nuggets 94-91 on Sunday night to sweep the three-game regular-season series for the first time in their history.

"I definitely did have it going," said Mayo, who came off the bench. "So mad, had so many turnovers. I know how important it is to take care of the ball when you're playing the one [position] and I failed in that area. I'm happy it didn't cause us to lose."

Mike Conley, who returned to play after suffering a cut above his right eye, had 13 points. Dante Cunningham added 12 points and Tony Allen 10 for the Grizzlies, who also snapped an eight-game losing streak in Denver.

"O.J. was super. He carried us tonight," Memphis coach Lionel Hollins said. "He was the man. I was really upset with our guys early. I didn't take them out to rest them. I took them out because we weren't competing like I thought we should. As soon as that other group came in, they got us back in the game. I could see I was going to need the bench a lot more tonight and they produced. It was good to see."

Nene, Al Harrington and Corey Brewer each scored 15 for the Nuggets, who dropped to 2-2 on a season-high nine-game homestand.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20120311_MEM@DEN