Minnesota at Phoenix

Real Deal

• 2 months later...
  • Owner
PHOENIX -- Kevin Love got comfortable Monday night and then he got in a groove at the right time.

Love scored 13 of his game-high 30 points in the fourth quarter and the Minnesota Timberwolves outlasted the Phoenix Suns 127-124.

"The biggest thing for me is I didn't get a good warm up," said Love, who set a franchise mark with his 15th 30-point game of the season. "I had good looks in the first half but the ball never really felt right in my hand. I decided to get my legs under me in the second half and that was the biggest difference."

Love had been relatively quiet over the first three quarters, hitting only one 3-pointer and scoring 14 points through the game's first 34 minutes.

But he hit a 3 to key a 7-0 Minnesota run late in the third then hit consecutive 3s in the first minute of the fourth as the Timberwolves took a 98-92 lead.

Love finished 11 of 23 from the floor, including 5-of-9 shooting from behind the arc.

"We just have to do a better job of understanding what happens in [defensive] rotations," said Suns coach Alvin Gentry. "We can't let Kevin Love catch the ball and shoot nine threes without ever putting it down."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20120312_MIN@PHO