Houston at Phoenix

Real Deal

• 2 months later...
  • Owner
PHOENIX -- Michael Redd is enjoying his time with the Phoenix Suns.

Redd scored a season-high 25 points off the bench and the Suns beat the Houston Rockets 99-86 on Sunday night for their fourth straight win.

"I don't feel any pressure to do more than I'm capable of," said Redd, who signed as a free agent just after the start of the season. "I'm just having fun."

Redd had two major knee injuries in as many years and played only 10 games for the Milwaukee Bucks a season ago. His role -- and his minutes -- have been in flux for most of this season.

Against the Rockets, Redd hit his first five shots and finished 10 of 13 from the floor including three 3-pointers.

"Every night there is someone else playing big minutes and having a big game," said Marcin Gortat, who had 15 points and 10 rebounds.

Redd scored 15 consecutive points for the Suns over a six-minute stretch of the second quarter as the Suns extended a 13-point, first-quarter lead to as many as 21 before settling for a 52-36 halftime lead.

"We tried to run some stuff for him but the guys did a good job of finding him," Suns coach Alvin Gentry said.

Channing Frye scored 19 points for the Suns, who moved within a half-game of the Rockets for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20120318_HOU@PHO