LA Clippers at Indiana

Real Deal

• 2 months later...

•  
  • Leandro Barbosa will make his debut with the Pacers tonight, with Coach Frank Vogel planning to use him for 15 to 20 minutes off the bench at shooting guard. “He picked up a lot of our basic offensive sets pretty quickly (at practice Monday),” Vogel said. “We’ll see how he’s going and we’ll adjust it when he’s out there.” Acquired from Toronto Thursday for a second-round pick and cash, Barbosa had an orientation system with the coaching staff Sunday before Monday’s practice. “Right now I’m just getting to know the guys on the court,” Barbosa said. “I can be OK with that.”
  • Adding Barbosa to the mix shakes up the second-unit rotations. George Hill, who has played almost exclusively at shooting guard, will spend more time backing up Darren Collison at the point. That knocks A.J. Price, who had been playing well, out of the rotation. “He’s such a great kid and such a professional … he recognizes what Barbosa brings to the table and how well George has been playing.,” Vogel said. “I think if he was a coach he’d probably make the same move.”
  • Vinny Del Negro is wasting no time with Nick Young. Acquired from the Wizards last week, Young will start at shooting guard in place of Randy Foye in the Clippers’ lineup tonight. “(Danny) Granger and (Paul) George are big, and we’ve got to get Nick acclimated,” Del Negro said. “It makes sense.”

http://tbt.blogs.nba.com/2012/03/20/clippers-at-pacers-7-p-m-et/