Washington at New Jersey

Real Deal

• 2 months later...
  • Owner
NEWARK, N.J. -- A decade into his NBA career, Nene turned the page and started enjoying life as a Washington Wizard -- at least the first game.

Nene had 22 points and 10 rebounds in his Washington debut, and the Wizards defeated the Nets 108-89 Wednesday night in a game marred by the third-quarter ejections of New Jersey's All-Star point guard Deron Williams and head coach Avery Johnson.

"It's been a crazy few days," said Nene, who was acquired last week from Denver in a three-team deal that also involved the Clippers and Nuggets. "I was a little nervous for this first game, but the team gave me a lot of support, and the city is giving me a lot of support. Tonight I just tried to work hard and tried to have fun with the new players."

The Wizards certainly made the 29-year-old Brazilian center feel welcome. They ran their opening possession of the game for him and he hit a layup. He would hit 4 of 5 shots in the first quarter and 9 of 13 in the game.

"Certainly a nice way to start with our new additions for the first time," said Wizards coach Randy Wittman, who started three first-year players and a rookie with Nene. "I thought that was probably our most complete game as a team this season, moving the ball offensively as we did and defensively we were solid. Everybody contributed."

Jordan Crawford added 23 points and John Wall had 12 points and eight assists for Washington. Roger Mason Jr. had 16 points, hitting four 3-pointers.

"You know Nene is capable of getting 20 and 10," Mason said. "The first game, not knowing what we are doing, I have to temper my expectations a little bit. He was great on both ends of the floor. He was vocal. Some of the younger guys can learn a lot from him. He was just really great to play with tonight."

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20120321_WAS@NJ

Deron Williams is probably pissed that Gerald Wallace is what they got him at the deadline to try and keep him around.. he just continues to have no help out there

Nah, King talked to Deron before making the trade.

"I think the Gerald Wallace signing is definitely going to help this team, help this organization. He’s a great player," Williams said. "He’s still relatively young and can help us in the future."

Link

It's common sense by now that BK talks to Deron with just about every move he makes. It's a fact that the two agreed on bring Wallace over. Funny how you're going to deny that and label me as a homer.

Same deal with the last thread in which I posted. Logical to say that if D-Will returns, we're likely back in the running for Dwight in 2013, yet you respond very immaturely, indicating that I appear to be in denial.

Edited by Brooklyn Bound

It's common sense by now that BK talks to Deron with just about every move he makes. It's a fact that the two agreed on bring Wallace over. Funny how you're going to deny that and label me as a homer.

He talks to Deron and says "well, we [expletive]ed up.. can't get Dwight. Or any other impact player. How's Gerald Wallace?" Is Deron going to turn down that improvement? Nope. But that doesn't mean that he's staying, and it doesn't mean that Deron is thrilled that he gets to run alongside Gerald freaking Wallace on a nightly basis.

Is he saying the right things? Sure. He has from the very start. But unlike you, I'm not going to take all of the PC media quotes at 100% face value. You are far more certain than I.

Same deal with the last thread in which I posted. Logical to say that if D-Will returns, we're likely back in the running for Dwight in 2013, yet you respond very immaturely, indicating that I appear to be in denial.

No, it's just that your stance keeps changing.. "we're trading for Dwight" to "we're signing Dwight" to "we can still trade for Dwight next year".. next will be "we can still sign Dwight next offseason".. and all the while, you're quite certain he's coming. You shot down naysayers before, you're shooting them down now.. I am allowed to take the opposite stance, eh? Especially through all the confidence, bravado, and jersey switches that I have to look at? :lol:

He talks to Deron and says "well, we [expletive]ed up.. can't get Dwight. Or any other impact player. How's Gerald Wallace?" Is Deron going to turn down that improvement? Nope. But that doesn't mean that he's staying, and it doesn't mean that Deron is thrilled that he gets to run alongside Gerald freaking Wallace on a nightly basis.

Is he saying the right things? Sure. He has from the very start. But unlike you, I'm not going to take all of the PC media quotes at 100% face value. You are far more certain than I.

:lol: He's mad at the front office when he himself was likely under the impression until near March 15 that Dwight intended on landing with the Nets?

In case you haven't realized, Deron plays a significant role in calling the shots on this team. That's how this current roster was built.

No, it's just that your stance keeps changing.. "we're trading for Dwight" to "we're signing Dwight" to "we can still trade for Dwight next year".. next will be "we can still sign Dwight next offseason".. and all the while, you're quite certain he's coming. You shot down naysayers before, you're shooting them down now.. I am allowed to take the opposite stance, eh? Especially through all the confidence, bravado, and jersey switches that I have to look at? :lol:

Maybe that's what you wanted to read so that you could fire back at me. Find me where I said we were trading for Dwight/signing Dwight/trading for him/signing him in 2013 with a serious tone. Where was I certain?

The only thing I'm shooting down at the moment is the idea that this Dwight situation is over. Apparently, picking up an option determines your team for the rest of your career.

I love how you call me the homer for being confident, as if it was ridiculous of me to feel great about our chances. You were pretty far from objective if you honestly thought that there was a bigger chance of Dwight's destination not being the Nets.

God forbid I post jersey switches to promote the possibility of the move.

Moar atrocious reading comprehension plzzz

Edited by Brooklyn Bound

I love how you call me the homer for being confident

You aren't an objective Nets fan. I'm sorry if this strikes you as insulting, but it's honest.

God forbid I post jersey switches to promote the possibility of the move.

God forbid you accept the crow when you post jersey switches for a year and the dude picks up his option.. :lol:

You aren't an objective Nets fan. I'm sorry if this strikes you as insulting, but it's honest.

God forbid you accept the crow when you post jersey switches for a year and the dude picks up his option.. :lol:

Way to respond to the most insignificant parts of my post and take things out of context. There was no point in replying.

Sorry for posting jersey switches, guys. Never should a fan dare to post a player in the jersey of a team for which he does not play, even if the fan is A) joking around or B) enthusiastic that his team is in the lead for a superstar.

Edited by Brooklyn Bound

Way to respond to the most insignificant parts of my post and take things out of context. There was no point in replying.

Sorry for posting jersey switches, guys. Never should a fan dare to post a player in the jersey of a team for which he does not play, even if the fan is A) joking around or B) enthusiastic that his team is in the lead for a superstar.

Why are you so transparently upset? All I said was that Deron was pissed that the best player around him is Gerald Wallace (especially in year 2 of a 1.5 year "show me" stint where they're trying desperately to get him to stick around), and that you are not an objective fan (which you absolutely aren't).. you blew it up into something bigger, adding a second response about immaturity and referencing threads that had no relevance to this one.

My thesis: Deron is pissed that his best teammate is Gerald Wallace.

Why are you so transparently upset? All I said was that Deron was pissed that the best player around him is Gerald Wallace (especially in year 2 of a 1.5 year "show me" stint where they're trying desperately to get him to stick around), and that you are not an objective fan (which you absolutely aren't).. you blew it up into something bigger, adding a second response about immaturity and referencing threads that had no relevance to this one.

My thesis: Deron is pissed that his best teammate is Gerald Wallace.

You act as if I was upset at your original comment.

Nah, King talked to Deron before making the trade.

"I think the Gerald Wallace signing is definitely going to help this team, help this organization. He’s a great player," Williams said. "He’s still relatively young and can help us in the future."

Link

What is incorrect about what I replied?

He's mad at the front office when he himself was likely under the impression until near March 15 that Dwight intended on landing with the Nets?

In case you haven't realized, Deron plays a significant role in calling the shots on this team. That's how this current roster was built.

Sounds very angry..................

I had no problem with your original post. I was just giving you obvious information. You replied to my post saying I am the least objective fan on this forum, so it made complete sense that I bring in a recent example which was contributing to your statement. Not irrelevant at all.

I probably am not objective. I just felt the need to challenge your notion that I am the most biased fan here, when that's completely absurd.

Edited by Brooklyn Bound

You act as if I was upset at your original comment.

Sounds very angry..................

That did, even just a touch, sound upset. Wasn't expecting it.

I had no problem with your original post. I was just giving you obvious information. You replied to my post saying I am the least objective fan on this forum, so it made complete sense that I bring in a recent example which was contributing to your statement. Not irrelevant at all.

I probably am not objective. I just felt the need to challenge your notion that I am the most biased fan here, when that's completely absurd.

I was absolutely using hyperbole. You're a pretty big homer, but nowhere near the Kingfish level. :)

WHEN YOU DESCRIBE the prototypical NBA center, he is not complete without superlative size, strength and athleticism. He’ll fight for the tough rebounds in the trenches, but is just as quick to burn you with a shot from 15 feet.

Johan Petro possesses all of these skills and more, and bears all the promise of fulfilling his vast potential.

Johan Petro has established himself as a reliable player, transitioning from starter to reserve, for the Nets throughout the first half of the shortened season.

JP's role was key for the injury-plagued Nets, who used a total of 17 different starting lineups. Johan's sixth professional season has led him to a new confidence level that has been revealed on the court.

March is shaping up to be one of the best months of Johan Petro's career.

Johan got big minutes for the Nets on Friday night in Orlando, logging a team-high 32, and he made them count, grabbing seven rebounds to go along with eight points, four assists and two steals in the 86-70 loss.

http://www.johanpetro27.com/