Golden State at New Orleans

• 2 months later...
  • Owner
NEW ORLEANS -- If rookie Klay Thompson keeps playing like this, Golden State fans may start getting over the loss of Monta Ellis.

Thompson scored a season-high 27 points on 11-of-24 shooting and the Warriors ended a four-game losing streak, beating the struggling New Orleans Hornets 101-92 on Wednesday night.

The skid started the day after the popular Ellis, Golden State's leading scorer, was traded to the Milwaukee Bucks. Thompson replaced him as the starting shooting guard, and he did a pretty good Ellis imitation in New Orleans, taking and making a high volume of shots, including 11 in the first quarter.

"I was being aggressive," Thompson said. "I thought they were 24 good shots. There were a couple maybe that were rushed and not through the offense. Not a lot of rookies get the opportunity to put up shots like that. I'm just glad that coach [Mark] Jackson has the confidence in me to take those shots and play my game."

David Lee added 25 points and 11 rebounds after missing his first seven shots for the Warriors. Reserve Brandon Rush had 16 points, including four of Golden State's 14 3-pointers -- the most the Hornets have allowed all season.

Thompson also tied his season high with four 3-pointers. He entered with the best 3-point shooting percentage (.440) among NBA rookies.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/gametracker/recap/NBA_20120321_GS@NO