LA Lakers at Dallas

Real Deal

• 2 months later...
With starting center Brendan Haywood missing his third straight game with a sprained right knee, the Mavericks will rely on backups Ian Mahinmi and Brandan Wright to try and slow down All-Star Andrew Bynum. Bynum, who was ejected in the third quarter of last night’s loss in Houston, posted double-doubles in both of L.A.’s wins against Dallas this season. He had 17 points and 15 rebounds in a 73-70 win in Los Angeles on Jan. 16 and 19 points and 14 boards in a 96-91 victory here on Feb. 22. “We’re going to have to be ready to help on these guys,” Mavericks head coach Rick Carlisle said. “We’re going to be scrambling all night.”

Dallas won’t have starting small forward Shawn Marion (sore left knee) either. He participated in shootaround this morning, but won’t suit up until Friday’s game at San Antonio. Marion has played terrific defense against Kobe Bryant this season, helping to hold the league’s leading scorer to a combined 29 points on 11-for-37 shooting with 11 turnovers in two meetings.

http://tbt.blogs.nba.com/2012/03/21/lakers-at-mavericks-930-p-m-et-3/

Kobe Bryant postgame on what addition of Ramon Sessions' playmaking means for the Lakers: "I can be a legitimate 2-guard now."

This is huge. If Sessions can continue to handle the rock, he can prolong Kobe's career that much longer. Ramon ain't no pippen but thats a load off of Kobe's shoulders.

• Owner

Sessions has easily become my second favorite laker. Wow i love this kid

Yeah dude. Bynum is awesome, but his attitude really ruins it for me, when he gets upset and loses control. If Pau was more aggressive on the offensive end, if he had that killer instinct, he would be up there as well.

Right now, it's Kobe...and then Goudelock. Sessions falls third, at least for me. It's sad that Goudelock isn't getting the minutes I want him to get, but that's just the way things work, and I understand why.