NBA Top 5

Need4Sheed

What do Melo and the Knicks have to do with this?

Melo is a possible top 5 player, while you fault Dwight for not being able to get by with a poor cast, Melo is in the same category. He is merely pointing that out.

Top 5

1. LeBron James

2. Dwight Howard

3. Dwyane Wade

4. Dirk Nowitzki(he is clearly not in Game shape right now as I think he coasted through the offseason and stopped working hard, but I am still going to put him here because of his amazing 2011 playoffs).

5. Chris Paul

Nitro pretty much covered it with LeBron. He had a bad Finals, but in general is a great postseason performer and is just far too dominant on both ends of the floor. Here's some guys to fill out the top ten just for kicks...

6. Kevin Durant

7. Derrick Rose

8. Carmelo Anthony

9. Deron Williams

10. Blake Griffin

Melo is a possible top 5 player, while you fault Dwight for not being able to get by with a poor cast, Melo is in the same category. He is merely pointing that out.

Top 5

1. LeBron James

2. Dwight Howard

3. Dwyane Wade

4. Dirk Nowitzki(he is clearly not in Game shape right now as I think he coasted through the offseason and stopped working hard, but I am still going to put him here because of his amazing 2011 playoffs).

5. Chris Paul

Nitro pretty much covered it with LeBron. He had a bad Finals, but in general is a great postseason performer and is just far too dominant on both ends of the floor. Here's some guys to fill out the top ten just for kicks...

6. Kevin Durant

7. Derrick Rose

8. Carmelo Anthony

9. Deron Williams

10. Blake Griffin

No he was trolling me because he didn't agree with my opinion

He's averaged 28/8/7 for his career in the post-season. He's led 2 teams to the Finals, dominating the ECF both times to get his team to that point. The other time he went to the ECF he averaged 38/8/8 in the series, and had 2 hugely clutch performance against that Magic team, but his team simply wasn't good enough.

Basically, yes, last year's Finals hurt his career, as did Game 5 against Boston the year before, but overall he's still been an amazing post-season performer for his career. When comparing him to all-time greats, yes, those series' will be held against him....but against today's NBA players? No. Kobe is a shell of his former self (still a terrific 25/5/5 player), Rose put up a dud last year in the playoffs and is relatively inefficient and an average defender, Durant has only been out of the first round once and still has holes in his games (specifically ballhandling/passing), Dwight's post-game is still a question (specifically his TO's and how he doesn't pass well out of the post), Paul doesn't take the initiative to dominate often enough to warrant him being called the better player, and Wade is just a hair below LeBron due to a worse jumper and sloppier ballhandling.

LeBron is without a doubt the best player in the league. Now that he has some semblence of a post-game, he really doesn't have any major weaknesses. No one is as well-rounded as LeBron, 'nor as dominant.

wow good point ur actually right

new top 5

rose

lebron

kobe

wade

durant/dwight