Zuffa Considering Merging WEC Into The UFC

Among other newsworthy items White discussed, he mentioned that the UFC is considering merging together with the WEC.

"We're talking about that right now," he said.

Such a move would put a larger spotlight on accomplished fighters including Mike Brown, Urijah Faber and Miguel Torres, who is headlining Sunday's WEC card.

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/08/07/dana-white-says-ufc-wont-back-down-from-opposing-floyd-mayweath/#cont

I would absolutely love if this were to happen. The WEC has a lot of talented fighters in it, like Miguel Torres (top 5 P4P imo and on a 17 fight win streak), Mike Brown, Urijah Faber, Jose Aldo, Brian Bowles, Donald Cerrone, Jamie Varner etc... but they simply don't get enough exposure in North America and a lot of people have probably never even heard of a couple of these fighters (just wondering if people on here have heard of all of the fighters that I listed lol). If they join the UFC they will get a lot more exposure and people will start to appreciate just how amazing the Batanweight and Featherweight divisions really are.

Another thing that I would love about this is that it would increase the quality of each and every card by a considerable amount. You would be adding two new titles into the company and that would quite possibly make it so that we would see a title fight every single card. The best thing though is that there would be a lot more talented fighters on every card and we wouldn't see fillers on the main card of events anymore. This would also likely bring us some more cards as well which would be fantastic as well.

Lastly, the UFC would have a shot at landing Kid Yamamoto who is an amazing fighter and would quickly grow to be a fan favourite.

Hopefully Zuffa decides to go through with this and merge the two companies. It would make the UFC even more exciting and every card would be chalk full of talent.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

• 3 weeks later...

I would actually love to see this. WEC events are always great events. If this happens there would be 8 championships in the " UFC " after the merge. This could also help hype up some fighters like Bowles, Brown, Aldo, Torres, Faber & Henderson. We would be seeing around 2 PPVs per month. PPV's would be stacked from top to bottom as well. We'd also be seeing super fighters. Like Mike Brown vs BJ Penn. I think this would be a great move, but there has been a recent report that this will not happen. Maybe in the future though.

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/08/07/dana-white-says-ufc-wont-back-down-from-opposing-floyd-mayweath/#cont

I would absolutely love if this were to happen. The WEC has a lot of talented fighters in it, like Miguel Torres (top 5 P4P imo and on a 17 fight win streak), Mike Brown, Urijah Faber, Jose Aldo, Brian Bowles, Donald Cerrone, Jamie Varner etc... but they simply don't get enough exposure in North America and a lot of people have probably never even heard of a couple of these fighters (just wondering if people on here have heard of all of the fighters that I listed lol). If they join the UFC they will get a lot more exposure and people will start to appreciate just how amazing the Batanweight and Featherweight divisions really are.

Another thing that I would love about this is that it would increase the quality of each and every card by a considerable amount. You would be adding two new titles into the company and that would quite possibly make it so that we would see a title fight every single card. The best thing though is that there would be a lot more talented fighters on every card and we wouldn't see fillers on the main card of events anymore. This would also likely bring us some more cards as well which would be fantastic as well.

Lastly, the UFC would have a shot at landing Kid Yamamoto who is an amazing fighter and would quickly grow to be a fan favourite.

Hopefully Zuffa decides to go through with this and merge the two companies. It would make the UFC even more exciting and every card would be chalk full of talent.

It would actually be bringing 3. Feathweight, Bantamweight, and the new belt that's opening soon Flyweight.