Dwight to Nets being finalized?!?!

Need4Sheed

The way things are going, Orlando has no reason to trade Dwight right. He's made several positive comments about the team since the season began, and even if the situation were still ugly in Orlando, the Magic have pretty much indicated that they won't re-consider dealing Howard until the deadline approaches. At the very least, they want to have him in a Magic uniform for All-Star Weekend in Orlando. If after that the chances of Howard staying are looking low, the FO will be ready to accept offers.

This is SO not happening... He said himself he'd rather stay in Orlando... this to me is just rumors...

<_< :rolleyes:

This rumored deal isn't happening. A deal down the road is certainly not out of the question, though. As far as we know, his trade request still stands, as does his Jersey preference.

Edited by Brooklyn Bound

how could dwight to nets happen? i don't get it

There are a bunch of possible scenarios. Here's the situation now:

1) Lopez is scheduled to come back some time in February. That leaves a good amount of room between then and the trade deadline for him to hopefully impress Otis.

2) We already know that the Buss family takes a lot of pride in Bynum since L.A. drafted him and developed him very well (and imagine how much more that is the case after Bynum's hot start). And in this article, Buss reiterates that he is opposed to the idea of dealing both Gasol and Bynum. And take a look at this quote... makes you wonder whether Howard told Otis that it's Nets or nothing. Not a whole lot of other reasons why he would say this.

"We've done everything within the rules that we could to explore this situation until we were just spinning our wheels," he says. "The player is still in control of his own destiny; he can block a trade just by saying I'm not going to sign a new deal and stay where he is.

"I personally believe now that we have the team that we will be playing with all season long."

Link

3) No matter what happens, Dwight will reach free agency. The Nets will have more than enough cap room to sign Howard if he isn't traded or is traded elsewhere. This is probably the best scenario (assuming Howard still prefers the Nets), since the Nets may very well end up with a great 2012 Draft pick (Gilchrist would be amazing), and we'd keep Brook and Brooks.