Rubio's offseason, full-coverage explanation

Decided to write it up in detail because I know a lot of these things are not known by fans in the USA, and since I explained in the other topic I just made a thread for the people who aren't reading that one.

------------------

Let me explain what has happened here in Spain.

Rubio's first option was to go to the NBA, but it's not possible because of the 5 million buyout he can't pay (remember he's been making 97.000 euros a year for 3 years only, which is about 0.4 dollars over 3 years).

He sued his team DKV, which only made the situation worse because the team wouldn't listen to offers nor raise his salary because of it. When he retired it, he made up his mind, and realising the NBA is economicly impossible for him this year, he decided he wanted to stay in Barcelona.

His options are now down to three: FC Barcelona, DKV Juventut, Manresa.

DKV's president said that he had hurt DKV by sueing them so much that he won't play a single game for the team anymore, and the fans supported the president.

FC Barcelona made a initial 2 million offer, raised to 3 million recently, but DKV has reported they will only accept offers above 3.5 million, and since Real Madrid has a higher offer on the table, it's been said that he will be sold to the highest bidder.

The problem is, players' agreement is needed in these deals, and since Madrid is not Barcelona, and FC Barcelona isn't likely to raise the offer again, Rubio could do nothing but declare he's going to stay in DKV because he wants to and because it has always been his home. (see this declaration in first post).

However, DKV president insists that even if he decides to stay, Rubio is not going to play games for DKV Juventut anymore.

Horrible, horrible handling by Rubio's agent.