Kyle Lowry charged with battery

Dash

HOUSTON - Houston Rockets guard Kyle Lowry has been charged with one count of misdemeanor battery by the Clark County District Attorney's office in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The Las Vegas Justice Court issued a summons for Lowry to appear before it on Feb 2.

If convicted, Lowry faces up to six months in the Clark County Detention Center and/or a fine of not more than $1,000.

"We have confirmed a criminal complaint charging Kyle Lowry with one count of misdemeanor battery has been filed with the Las Vegas Justice Court," said Tess Driver, DA's office spokeswoman, in an interview with FOX 26 Sports.

According to the charges, the allegations stem from a basketball game Lowry was playing in between NBA players on Sept. 22, 2011 in Las Vegas.

The female victim, Infini Robinson, was one of the referees in the game.

The declaration of warrant/summons said, "At the end of the game, Lowry approached the victim and threw a basketball at her striking her in her torso. The victim picked up the basketball and tossed it back at Lowry. Lowry became upset and stated, 'B****, meet me outside. I will kick you’re a**'."

The warrant goes on to allege that after Lowry walked away, Robinson went to the designated area for officials to change shoes and clothing, and she was hit with a basketball at a high rate of speed.

Also according to the warrant, Charlotte Bobcats forward Corey Maggette apologized to Robinson on behalf of Lowry and that Lowry also approached Robinson and said, "I'm sorry. I truly apologize for what I did. I let my emotions get the best of me."

The warrant also said the two other referees involved in the game, Bobby McRoy and Herb Rafuse, confirmed what happened and identified Lowry as the suspect.

According to the warrant, McRoy told investigators, "Lowry was abusive with him as well and believes that he has an anger problem. He said during the game Lowry was verbally combative and confrontational to the victim leading up to the incident where he battered her twice with basketballs."

Deborah Ruiz, an investigator with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, writes, "in that the victim was acting in the capacity of a referee during the game, she is considered a protected person. The suspect knowingly threw a basketball at her after the game ended for calls he didn't agree with. The victim and both witnesses believe that his intent was to hurt her and that he could have hurt anyone of them by his actions."

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/local/120105-rockets-guard-kyle-lowry-charged-with-misdemeanor-battery

*sigh*

Honestly think if the referee was a guy this wouldn't even make it to court. I mean its a dick move to throw the basketball at her but its hardly a battery and Lowry actually apologized to her just a bit later. Really stupid.

Edited by Dash

Honestly think if the referee was a guy this wouldn't even make it to court. I mean its a dick move to throw the basketball at her but its hardly a battery and Lowry actually apologized to her just a bit later. Really stupid.

Lol he was challenging a woman to a fight.

/defenseshattered

• Like 1

Trade him. Hes a locker room cancer.

Lakers will take him. :glasses:

Give us Bynum and you may have a deal :)

Seriously though that sucks I was wondering why he wasnt starting today.

Edited by htownborn

Lol he was challenging a woman to a fight.

/defenseshattered

I'm not going to comment any further since we don't know the whole story, but Kyle isn't the type to lose his cool so easily and the furthest thing from a thug.

Edited by Dash