Divisionals: Denver at New England

Real Deal

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lol why is everyone hating on Tebow so much? The dude had an awesome year got them past the first round of the playoffs and was very entertaining to watch. They were 13.5 point underdogs to a team who was well tested and obviously much better than them. I would consider this a very successful season for him as he was made a starter when the team was 0-4 and his best receiver was traded, even after all that he was able to not only reach the playoffs and win a playoff game. He did his job great. Good for him. Stop hating on the dude.

• Owner

How do the Patriots actually expose Tebow? I don't get that. The Pats' offense crushed the Broncos' defense, and that basically won the game.

Back on defense, New England just knew how to play the option. If Tebow had competent receivers and tight ends, things wouldn't have to be so repetitive for Denver.

How do the Patriots actually expose Tebow? I don't get that. The Pats' offense crushed the Broncos' defense, and that basically won the game.

Back on defense, New England just knew how to play the option. If Tebow had competent receivers and tight ends, things wouldn't have to be so repetitive for Denver.

or if Tebow didn't throw the ball into the ground, the game MIGHT have been closer.

While I agree that the game was pretty much over before Tebow even touched the ball, (it took NE like 1:50 to score the first TD) you can't defend his 9/26 completions and 52.7 passer rating lmao. :lol:

Edited by Guru

Somewhat disappointed in Von for the frustration hit near the end. There were probably some words exchanged in previous plays, and it was a legal hit, but it was an ugly way to close the season's end.

Sent from my HTC on the Now Network from Sprint.

• Owner

or if Tebow didn't throw the ball into the ground, the game MIGHT have been closer.

While I agree that the game was pretty much over before Tebow even touched the ball. It took NE like 1:50 to score the first TD, you can't defend his 9/26 completions and 52.7 passer rating lmao. :lol:

Tebow is going to get criticized either way, no matter what. When Denver was beating everyone, a large amount of football fans were saying it was all about the Broncos' defense. When he lost, it was Tebow's fault, for throwing the ball in the dirt.

I'd rather see Tebow doing that in games, instead of him going into Michael Vick mode (the young Vick), the player that would rifle passes into coverage, turn the ball over, and lose games that way. I'll take 17 incomplete passes, to shitty receivers, than 3-4 interceptions, any day of the week...and a lot of my way of thinking is because of Carson Palmer.

I'm not saying Tebow is a good passing QB, not at all...but he's smart. He did hit his receivers in the hands and chest with the ball multiple times (and he has throughout the year), but they drop it...and that's a big problem for me. Dropped balls happen, of course, but if he had better receivers, guys that could run their routes better and, above everything else, catch the ball...I'm pretty sure he'd let loose a little more, get more comfortable, and might have more success.

All I'm saying is...if the Denver defense held the Pats a little better, and Tebow was throwing 3-4 INT's, the score would probably be worse (although I don't see how it could get worse, unless the Patriots wanted to run it up).

The good thing is, there are many, many QB's that learn how to throw better...and a lot of that starts with having the confidence, which happens when you have receivers that get to their spots and make big plays. Like Vick (even though it took him a while), I'm confident Tebow can improve.

I just wish he wasn't in Denver.

I'm not a Tebow hater. I don't see throwing the ball into the dirt as "smart". That argument is flawed like crazy. First of all Tebow holds the ball in the pocket longer than any QB in the NFL. Shit he was sacked 5 times yesterday. Most of his passes that end up in the dirt don't end up in the dirt because he is throwing it away... they end up in the dirt because he doesn't have the accuracy to make the pass. He doesn't have the best WRs in the NFL. I'll give you that. The Broncos receivers drop passes all the time. Saying you wish he wasn't in Denver is also hilarious. If he didn't have that D behind him he wouldn't even be in the playoffs. I guarantee you that if he leaves Denver we won't be talking about Tim Tebow this time next year.

• Like 1

Not sure how this makes any sense, but okay.

Sent from my HTC on the Now Network from Sprint.

During the Broncos' 6 game winning streak, they didnt play one competent offense (except for the Raiders, and McGahee was the reason they won that game). Lets look at it in closer detail:

Week 9 @ Oakland: The Raiders offense is good, and they managed to put up 24 points, but Willis McGahee had a huge day and that was the reason they won

Week 10 @ Kansas City: Only the 2nd time in NFL history that a quarterback has completed only 2 passes and won the game. The Chiefs offense was extremely inept due to the fact that Matt Cassel was injured right as the Chiefs started to sustain some offensive momentum, and the Broncos won due to their defense, 17-10

Week 11 vs NY Jets: Tebow was able to lead them down the field for a late touchdown to win the game, but the ineptitude of the Jets' offense with Mark Sanchez running the show cannot be ignored. The Jets failed to score an offensive touchdown the entire game and only put up 6 points on offense, so once again Tebow's defense bailed him out

Week 12 @ San Diego: The defense held the Chargers to only 13 points the entire game, including overtime, and if Nick Novak hadnt missed a field goal in overtime to win the game, the Broncos would not have even gotten the 2nd chance that they got to win the game

Week 13 @ Minnesota: This is the one game that I will give Tebow credit for leading his team to points; however, they were going against one of the worst pass defenses in the league against the Vikings. It should have been no surprise that the Broncos were able to keep up, but once again, Tebow's defense bailed him out with a late interception in Vikings territory that set them up for a field goal

Week 14 vs Chicago: Dont even get me started on this game. Tebow was able to lead them to a late touchdown that cut the deficit to 10-7, but if it wasnt for Marion Barber accidentally going out of bounds with under 2 minutes left (Broncos had no timeouts at the time as well), they would have never even sniffed a comeback. The Bears almost put it away in overtime, but once again, the defense bailed him out (kinda the theme here if you ask me), forcing a Barber fumble on a critical 3rd and 7 with the Bears close to field goal range

This just happened to be a lucky streak for the Broncos, Tebow is able to win close games but if these teams had put the game away early when it mattered, he never would have had the chance to be good. He is clutch, theres no denying that, but its a matter of getting into those situations first, and if a team can manage to stop their college-style offense, then they should be comfortably ahead in the 4th quarter and easily prevent a comeback. These teams failed to do so, and Tebow took advantage of it. However, a streak like this will not happen again, especially with more teams adapting and preparing for Tebow's style of play

• Owner

Tebow is Jamarcus Russell with a strong supporting cast and the actual desire to work hard

Nobody should ever be compared to that fat slob, lol.

I'm not a Tebow hater. I don't see throwing the ball into the dirt as "smart". That argument is flawed like crazy. First of all Tebow holds the ball in the pocket longer than any QB in the NFL. Shit he was sacked 5 times yesterday. Most of his passes that end up in the dirt don't end up in the dirt because he is throwing it away... they end up in the dirt because he doesn't have the accuracy to make the pass. He doesn't have the best WRs in the NFL. I'll give you that. The Broncos receivers drop passes all the time. Saying you wish he wasn't in Denver is also hilarious. If he didn't have that D behind him he wouldn't even be in the playoffs. I guarantee you that if he leaves Denver we won't be talking about Tim Tebow this time next year.

A lot of QB's hold the ball in the pocket too long, some that shouldn't. Guys like Tebow and Big Ben should have that green light (Ben when he has two legs to play on) because they can make a play out of nothing. Tebow holding the ball means that any receivers he has should get open (no defense in the NFL, any era, can hold a good receiver core for THAT long), but they just aren't good.

There are a lot of passes that Tim throws...you just know that they are inaccurate. Other times, you can tell when he's just throwing the ball away from the opposing jerseys, especially when he's overthrowing on a short route, and there's nobody in the vicinity.

Gron, Hernandez, Welker, Branch...that Pats group would turn Tebow into a decent QB. He wouldn't be Tom Brady, but he wouldn't throw 9/26, either.

And me saying that I wish he wasn't in Denver is more about rooting for the guy. I hate the Broncos.

A lot of QB's hold the ball in the pocket too long, some that shouldn't. Guys like Tebow and Big Ben should have that green light (Ben when he has two legs to play on) because they can make a play out of nothing. Tebow holding the ball means that any receivers he has should get open (no defense in the NFL, any era, can hold a good receiver core for THAT long), but they just aren't good.

It goes both ways. The WRs have to get open but Tebow also has to FIND them if and when they do get open. Good QBs in the NFL are able to find the smallest spaces to fit a pass into. Tebow hasn't shown me that he can do that.