Dwyane Wade could be dealing with Plantar Fasciitis

AboveLegit

“I don’t know, man, it’s just hurting. It could be three different things. (Plantar fasciitis is) one of them. The bruise is one of ‘em. Maybe it’s a combination. I just know that it’s in the area of the plantar fascia and I know it’s bruised as well. Whatever it is, it’s just taking its course, taking its time to get healthy.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/09/dwyane-wade-utters-two-scary-words-plantar-fasciitis/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

As the source notes, this is the same condition Tyreke Evans had to deal with all of last season. Only way to treat it is rest, which isn't exactly ideal in a condensed season. Could be a concern moving forward.

Agreed. I can't see Miami not winning the eastern conference. Bosh and LeBron are good enough to win it. Bring Wade back a month before the season ends so he can get his legs back and be ready for the post-season. In the mean time, get Norris Cole more playing time to get comfortable out on the floor.

• Owner

It could be a mistake trying to play him every game of the season. See Tim Duncan and the Spurs.

I don't see how the Heat wouldn't be able to get a top two seed in the East without him. Chicago could probably cause them some trouble near the end of the season, but aside from the Bulls, I don't see another team sneaking in.