Cornelius Ingram likely out for season

Phightins

Torn ACL....ouch. Maybe they [expletive]ed up the surgery the first time this happened? Just hope it isn't career threatening.

BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- For the second straight year, tight end Cornelius Ingram's season is over before it started.

The Eagles' fifth-round pick from the University of Florida suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during a goal-line drill Tuesday. The extent of the injury was revealed during an MRI examination this morning.

It is the same knee and the same injury that cost Ingram his final season at the University of Florida last year at almost the exact same time.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/Ingram_suffers_torn_ACL.html

Thats why he got drafted so late, very injury prone.

It is the EXACT same injury as last season though. That doesn't tell me he is injury prone, that tells me they didn't address it properly the first time around.

another torn ACL in training camp, not good

but i wouldnt consider him injury prone because of this. you never know if the surgery last year didnt work out, or if he was just unlucky. is tom brady injury prone because he tore his ACL? no. its football, things happen and maybe he just didnt have luck on his side

Injury prone or not, he has health issues. There's a reason why people said he was a 1st round / 2nd round talent, and he fell all the way down to round 5. I was interested to see him play this year, and everything I've been hearing about him is positive. I wish him the best, but honestly I'm not shocked by this news.

I'm more so worried about our TE depth. Behind Celek, we have nobody. If Celek goes down, we have Schobel (gulp).