Jamaal Magloire Leading The Way For Young Raptors

Lmao funny pic, poor Jamaal.

Although I gotta say, Jamaal is a good character guy and it's still good to have him on the team as a

locker room guy/ mentor / sideline encouragement

and when we draft our top 3 stud next draft we're going to be SCARY next year, wish I had a time machine..

this tank engines going to transfer into a silver bullet!

Edited by Pound the Rock

I think that title belongs to Demar Derozan.. what an utter disappointment he has been.. some of the blame goes on Casey for poor utilization, forcing him to work heavily out of isolation situations as well as a spot up shooter, rather than freeing him up off the ball first. Still, Demar needs to be better, bottom line.

I think that title belongs to Demar Derozan.. what an utter disappointment he has been.. some of the blame goes on Casey for poor utilization, forcing him to work heavily out of isolation situations as well as a spot up shooter, rather than freeing him up off the ball first. Still, Demar needs to be better, bottom line.

Rasual Butler would actually be my first choice. He plays decent defense, but he is an absolute momentum killer on offense with his constant bricks and airballs. He seems to end up taking at least 8-10 shots a game and the Raptors are lucky if he makes more than 1 of them. It wouldn't be as bad if he were to just take open looks, but he seems to think that he should be taking 3's with 18 seconds left on the shot clock, taking pull jumpers off the dribble and things like that.

DeRozan has been a close second, though. He has really only played well in one game this season and that was the 2nd Cavs game. He had decent stretches in others, such as the 4th quarter in the first two games and the first quarter in the Pacers game, but he really has only played well in one full game. Like you said, Casey doesn't exactly utilize him in ideal situations, but that still doesn't excuse just how bad he has been.

I'm not going to write him off just yet, but I think he just might not be as good as many Raptor fans, myself included, believed/hoped. He seemed to catch a lot of teams off guard last season and now that they are gameplanning specifically to stop him, he is proving to be way too easy to take out of games. His game really is limited and his struggles this season have really brought his glaring holes to light.

I think Demar is really the biggest disappointment. Because unlike the other guys in the pic, he is supposed to be part of our core moving forward.

The thing about Demar's game is: 1) his Basketball IQ (mainly playmaking ability) and 2) his Basketball handling ability.

These two vices lead to a significant hole in Demar's game, ESPECAILLY since he plays the SG. Demar is unable to get off his shot easily in a 1 on1 situation which causes him to force contested shots. It also limits him to making predictable drives which usually result in a swarming of defenders. And his Basketball IQ, specifically in his play-making ability causes him to, when he gets trapped, to just jack up the ball. With all that being said this leads to most of his shots to be tough contested ones. In other words, practicing those open 3-pointers all off season is useless if you can't create an open shot for yourself.

I am still a believer that Demar can make great improvements in those 2 things I just mentioned and fill up all these holes in his game. Luckily for us we have this whole season to blow. Hopefully he can bounce back either sometime this season or at latest next season.