What are the Celtics "big 3" really worth?

Just got this idea from the other thread, when Nitro said that they should deal off KG and Allen, probably for picks... and also on RealGM when I saw that teams are supposedly inquiring about Pierce (already).

Pierce makes around 15M annually, KG makes 21M this year but is a free agent after, and Allen makes an extremely manageable 10M this year, and is a free agent after.

What teams do you picture as interested in these guys, if they were somehow available? As a GM, realistically, what sorts of assets would you even be willing to part with for them?

Edited by Check my Stats

• Owner

Hard to say...it really depends on the team, because some will want a veteran champion like Pierce, to get them over the hump and into the pile of contenders.

However, with the new CBA's harsh luxury tax penalties (after next season), I'm sure the big expiring contracts will be a huge deal (Ray, and especially Garnett's $21 million).

I wouldn't be surprised if they get a bit more attention than usual in March (before the deadline). If you can trade for Garnett, and have $21 million coming off the books for next season, yet have a guy that may be able to help you win a championship...well, I don't see why a lot of teams would pass on that.

Pierce is untradable, and I doubt either side wants to part ways.

Allen is the most enticing trade option of the 3. He has a fair contract that is set to expire, and of the 3 he's the closest to being at the top of his game. He's still got an amazing 3pt shot, can still free himself for those shots, and he's still got the stamina to be working his ass off in the 4th quarter to catch and drain a clutch 3. Of the fringe contending teams, OKC, LAC and NY could definitely use his services. If the Celtics got a first rounder and a few decent role players, I'd consider that a win.

If KG is traded for, it will be for his expiring contract. This season his contract FAR outweighs his productivity on the court, and the PF position is probably the most saturated position in the league. Nearly every team has an effective PF. I don't know if there is a playoff team out West where he'd be an upgrade on, and there's only a handful of teams in the East playoff picture where he'd be an improvement. So, a team will only want him likely for his expiring contract, and I am not sure if the Celtics wouldn't like to hold on to his $21M expiring contract and open up the FA market a bit this summer.

• Owner

Pierce is untradable, and I doubt either side wants to part ways.

Yeah, that's more than likely the case...just putting a price out there, though. ;)

Pierce is in the same boat as Kobe, Duncan and Dirk, really.