JaVale McGee's Dunk

Legacy

He made it, so no.

It's really not any different than when players pull up for wild 3s on a break. Jason Williams was notorious for doing this. You think to yourself wtf, wtf, wtf, but then it goes in so you can't really complain lol.

Edited by Guru

He made it, so no.

It's really not any different than when players pull up for wild 3s on a break. Jason Williams was notorious for doing this. You think to yourself wtf, wtf, wtf, but then it goes in so you can't really complain lol.

Haha, that's what I'm saying. Dude is getting alot of hate for this. Maybe because he was 1-11 shooting before that.

I find it wrong. They were losing, there's been a lot of controversy surrounding the team and their immaturity, and up until that point his FGM-FGA was as awful as the team's record.

It's just a bad look for an organization that is really struggling right now to have a positive identity.

I have a problem, and it's more towards what he said after the game when asked if it was appropriate. He said "it sparked a run, it got the team excited so I don't see what's wrong with it."

Two things...

1) It didn't spark a run, matter of fact after that moment, we were outscored by more than 10 points.

2) It's never ok to showboat when you're on a 1-11 team and were playing a terrible game to begin with.

It just further proves how dysfunctional our team is right now. And to top this, Flip Saunders decided to hook him from the game, which brings up a whole new issue. Not only did he play an injured player for the rest of the game (Blatche), but he ruined any chance we had at a comeback. Blatche's defense made Samuel Dalembert look like modern day Hakeem Olajuwon... There were better ways of handling the situation, make him run extra laps at practice, but don't take him out of the game and further alienate a core piece.

I just want to say that I didn't watch the game so I can't accurately comment on the game or the effect that play had on it.

But I will say that I don't see how this is any different from a windmill or tomahawk. The team was only down by 6 with 10 min to go in the 3rd quarter. AND they were playing at home. You can hear how excited the crowd got from that dunk. Was it unnecessary? Sure. Was that single play the reason the Wizards lost? Probably not.

Edited by Guru

But I will say that I don't see how this is any different from a windmill or tomahawk. The team was only down by 6 with 10 min to go in the 3rd quarter. AND they were playing at home. You can hear how excited the crowd got from that dunk. Was it unnecessary? Sure. Was that single play the reason the Wizards lost? Probably not.

No doubt, as I said I'm more concerned with his logic behind it, and what Flip did in reaction to it. But, a windmill is much different than throwing it off the backboard and dunking it IMO.

To be honest, I'm more upset about Blatche and Wall getting two techs back to back in the third quarter. That immaturity at it's finest, and really, that caused us to lose the game more than anything else.

McGee was just trying to step up and take the reigns of a mentally depleted team. Confidence is, "BIG," in the NBA; Javelle as leading the team in the right direction by showing heart and creating camaraderie among his team mates.

I would have a problem if he did not get back on defense afterwards and created a photo-op by kissing new born babies in the stands but all McGee did afterwards was salute his team mates...

Flip is not a good fit for this team and I would not break up their core for a coach that has not continually proven he knows how to help the multiple teams he has coached WIN .

Edited by Art Hues

McGee was just trying to step up and take the reigns of a mentally depleted team.

Then do something smart, not something more pundits can use as an example of this team being immature and stupid. You say it was to give his team confidence, which you think they need....I say they need their confidence broken and stepped on. This team is wayyyy over-confident considering their talent and experience. Too many players on this team play selfish and the confidence they have in themselves gives them 0 reason to change. Someone needs to break that confidence down through discipline.

Scrub teams should never showboat

What are you showboating for? your the laughing stock of the league

Had it been a scrub on a winning team like Joel Anthony pulling this off it would have been super impressive.

But Javale is on the wizards so NO!

Well said.