Lakers are trying to get Paul Pierce

'

Can't believe this my self but here is a snapshot of the quote because Sam Amico said this in a chatbox today

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6476/screenshot20120119at112.png

Edited by magicbalala245

• Owner

Don't want that POS, and the Celtics will trade Garnett and Allen before they trade Pierce.

Kobe, Gasol and Drew aren't going to Boston. The Celtics aren't dumb enough to take anyone else, and I doubt we're going to trade any of our big three for Pierce.

Pierce has been a Celtic since he came into the league and it'll stay that way till the end of his career. And I'm with Brandon on this one, I hate him way too much to see him in a Laker uni.

Boston had opportunities last season to make a move and trade one of them, but now that window has closed and they won't get any value in return.

Let's pretend the Lakers get Pierce...yes, he is a big improvement over Barnes/World Peace, but he continues to decline and does nothing to help the team in the athleticism department, which is where they are really at a disadvantage when it comes to playing teams like the Heat/Thunder. And besides that, he is also locked up for a few more years on a pretty steep contract. I just don't see the reason for adding him.

They need a Trevor Ariza-like SF and/or an explosive PG. Bottom line is the Lakers are too old, methodical and slow. Right now the league is getting younger and more athletic, and it's seriously negating the advantages in size the Lakers possess. They need to surround Kobe/Pau/Bynum with all the speed, athleticism and shooting they can find. Metta World Peace, Barnes, Blake, Fisher etc will NOT get it done.