Possible for D-Will to Sign with the Raps?

I've been imaging for sometime, next season if say we draft a Harrison Barnes and Jonas comes over would it be that far fetched for Deron Williams to ink with the Raptors? I mean we've already seen Chris Paul take his talents to a very young team,and I could picture D-Will doing the same. If there is enough hype around our rookies coming into next year I don't think it's impossible, and obviously if we managed to get him here our franchise would just about be in position to be a contender in the next couple of seasons.

Do you think it's possible for Deron to sign with the Raptors next season?

And here's an article written during the lockout:

http://balltrends.com/toronto-raptors-how-deron-williams-could-be-the-team-s-answer-at-point-116222.html

Now that I think about it the two things that could derail this theory would be if Deron gets dealt this season to a contender, or if Dwight ends up in Jersey

Edited by Pound the Rock

He should consider us pretty desirable. Our core is pretty decent, and a point would definitely make us pretty nice going forward, depending on the development of Ed, Jonas, Demar and our draft pick this year. However, there is no chance, because unfortunately this is real life and not a sim league, and basketball players, being as they are, want to play on a good team AND somewhere hot.

Not happening but honestly I never understood why Toronto has never been a desirable destination.

Most players just perceive it as a small market since it is the only team outside of America. You could argue it is a small market, but that's only because the NBA is centered around the US along with all major media outlets. Toronto is one of the largest cities in North America and Raptors games I believe get broadcast throughout Canada if I'm not mistaken.The only reason a marquee free agent would sign here would be if we were good. That's why we're building through the draft to acquire young talent to lure a FA over. After seeing the Chris Paul trade there is a chance that D-Will would sign here.

This is potentially what our lineup would look like next year:

Jose Calderon

Demar Derozan

Harrison Barnes

Andrea Bargnani

Jonas Valanciunas

Replace Calderon with D-Will and you have a team better than any Bosh era team.

Most players just perceive it as a small market since it is the only team outside of America. You could argue it is a small market, but that's only because the NBA is centered around the US along with all major media outlets. Toronto is one of the largest cities in North America and Raptors games I believe get broadcast throughout Canada if I'm not mistaken.The only reason a marquee free agent would sign here would be if we were good. That's why we're building through the draft to acquire young talent to lure a FA over. After seeing the Chris Paul trade there is a chance that D-Will would sign here.

This is potentially what our lineup would look like next year:

Jose Calderon

Demar Derozan

Harrison Barnes

Andrea Bargnani

Jonas Valanciunas

Replace Calderon with D-Will and you have a team better than any Bosh era team.

This is what I think should be most intriguing to free agents/stars, you don't just have a city behind you but an entire country.