Clippers Will Win 2012 Pacific Divison Title

Šhãłïq's 2011-'12 Pacific Division Poll   

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Clippers have never won a division title. In recent history our best performance came in 2005-'06: we finished ahead of the Lakers, and only lost the title to the Suns led by Nash (season's MVP at the time):

Team W-L PCT. GB

Phoenix Suns 54-28 .659 -

Los Angeles Clippers 47-35 .573 7

Los Angeles Lakers 45-37 .549 9

Sacramento Kings 44-38 .537 10

Golden State Warriors 34-48 .415 20

This season ain't nobody stoppin' us! Check out the current standings:

Pacific Divison

Team Name W-L (PCT) GB CONF DIV HOME ROAD

LA Clippers 9-5 (.643) 0.0 2-0 8-2

LA Lakers 10-8 (.556) 1.0 2-2 9-2

Phoenix 6-9 (.400) 3.5 1-1 3-4 3-5

Sacramento 6-11 (.353) 4.5 1-0 4-3

Golden State 5-10 (.333 ) 4.5 0-3 3-5

The Los Angeles CLIPPERS will win the 2012 Pacific Division title! :rock: That's Šhãłïq's bold prediction. You heard it here first.

They have a good team but I still think they take a back seat to the Lakers.

This team will need another season to completely gel IMO.

Still early in the season so I think the Lakers will have plenty of time to turn it on and still claim the div.

We need to avoid significant injuries to win the division. Kobe and Gasol haven't missed anytime due to injury. And they have played quite a few more games than the Clippers. We definitely can't afford losing DJ, Griffin, or Butler. It will be close between us and the Lakers. We've played tough opponents, but we've played over 2/3s of our games at home and we've played least total games in the league, meaning there a lot of back to backs in our future. Also I think Gasol will get himself together at some point, although Mike Brown's crappy offense doesn't seem to maximize his abilities. It will be close and Paul needs to be healthy, but we certainly have a good chance. Assuming CP3 is back, this is how I see our next 9 road games:

Games we should win:

@Washington

@Cleveland

@Charlotte

Games we will probably lose:

@Orlando

@Philly

@Dallas

Toss-ups:

@Denver

@Lakers (because it's not really a true road game and CP3 is the Laker Khilla)

@Utah (because CP3 will be healthy this time and we will really be looking to make a statement after the bad loss last time)

In other words, I will only be concerned if we come out of the next 9 road games with less than 4 wins.

Edited by Šhãłïq

Still half game ahead after the Memphis game. Surprisingly the Clippers come around pretty fast. I wasn't quite sure how long it would be before things started to click for the team, but luckily they've played really well together so far. Before the season started, I thought the Lakers would be a better regular season team while the Clippers would actually do better in the playoffs. But now that the season has been going on for a few weeks now, I do think that the Clippers can win the Pacific division!