Gasol showing grit?

Shark

It was great to see, as a Gasol fan, that he finally showed some grit and physicality last night against the Clips in an important game. I'm not going to lie, I laughed pretty hard when he bumped CP3 at the end of the game. Not often do you see Pau doing things like that.

Honestly, that's just what the Lakers need. You have two 7 footers, but only Bynum proves that he is one night in and night out.

Maybe this will be a sign of good things to come for the Lakers, who seemed extremely out of sync last week.

What do you Laker-lovers think?

I'm not going to lie, I laughed pretty hard when he bumped CP3 at the end of the game. Not often do you see Pau doing things like that.

http://raysindex.com/GIFs/e02.gif

• Owner

What's up, Ryan?

Haha, Kobe with the "WTF is going on? I don't care though" look.

Yeah, we need an aggressive Gasol. I've said it plenty of times on another site...Gasol's presence in the post is a big deal, probably more important than Drew's, because Bynum is just unwilling to make plays from the block. No idea why...you can run doubles at him, triple teams, and he doesn't care.

In our game against the Blazers a few weeks ago (whenever it was), Portland adjusted and ran doubles at him the entire second half, and it not only shut Drew down, but our entire team suffered because of what our offense demands (running through him in post plays).

Gasol is a higher IQ player, a much better passer, and he knows when to back off and create.

Hi Brandon, its been too long since i've posted here haha.

I agree with what you're saying, and it's pretty clear that Gasol being aggressive is super important for the Lakers success. I was glad to hear he came out and basically said, "give me touches in the paint". Kind of what Chris Bosh was saying over in Miami. Both of them have a pretty wide array of moves and it benefits the team as a whole to keep defenses honest on those guys down low.

Bynum is kind of a black hole when he gets the ball in the paint. Gasol can definitely make a good pass to a cutter -Like setting up that nice Barnes dunk coming down the lane the other day

Bynum is kind of a black hole when he gets the ball in the paint. Gasol can definitely make a good pass to a cutter -Like setting up that nice Barnes dunk coming down the lane the other day

Definitely. This was a big game in that it showed that Bynum isn't ready to be the #2 in an elite team. Gasol only shot his average, but he had more touches. It opened up the offense way more than if Bynum were to get the touch. Hopefully Gasol AND the Lakers build on Gasol's success on that night. If the team is going to contend, they gotta work from Kobe or Gasol in the post. Bynum can't handle it right now, and this season, Gasol hasn't been able to either up until the Clipper win.