Marc Gasol

Nitro

So, how good has this guy been this season? He's really, really impressed me this season, and you can make a case for him being the 2nd best center in the league, behind Dwight. Got a very good post game, a decent midrange jumper, is a very good rebounder, has developed into a terrific defensive anchor, is an impressive passer like his brother, and the best part is he does it all very quiety. Everyone knows about Rudy Gay and Zach Randolph, hell even OJ Mayo, but this guy remains the team's rock while getting half the publicity. With Zach hurt, he's stepped his game up, and led them to a 10-7 record after the disappointing 3-6 start.

His stats:

20.3PER / 14.7PPG / 10.2RPG / 3.0APG / 2.4BPG / 1.1SPG / 1.9TO's / 52.7% FG / .574 TS% / 114 Ortg / 96 Drtg

I look at stats a LOT, for every team in the league, and I think Gasol is the first I've ever seen that's led his team in both offensive AND defensive rating. No matter what you think of those advanced stats, that shows at the very least his huge impact on this team.

He had an extremely rough start to the season, but he's picked it up as of late. It's incredible how he has been able to anchor the middle. He's rebounding and blocking shots, and using his size to his advantage. Memphis is a top 10 defensive team in the league, and a large part of that is due to Gasol's elite defensive presence.

• Owner

Very underrated, although I do know a few people that have considered him better than Pau at this point...I guess it all depends on what you need out of your big man.

Marc doesn't mind playing physical basketball, though, and he still has a high IQ on both ends of the court...takes great shots, makes all the right decisions on defense...and I would consider him the most valuable player on this Grizzlies team, by miles.

In fact, I know Randolph was huge last season, especially in that playoff run, but Gasol, Battier and Allen were the three guys doing the dirty work, and they did it so well, it landed them the huge first-round upset (that, really, none of us were shocked to see) and nearly a place in the WCF.