Splitter getting to the rim a lot, hopes to do it more.

“When you know that you will make free throws, you can play more aggressive,” he said. “(You can) go to the rim and you’re not thinking, ‘What if I get fouled and miss free throws?’

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/01/26/spurs-notebook-splitter-opening-floor-for-teammates/

Splitter has been playing WAY better this season. He works on the pick and rolls better and actually gets a lot of looks in the paint. I hope he continues to do it as well... he does a lot of dirty work so I like seeing him getting rewarded

Splitter has been playing WAY better this season. He works on the pick and rolls better and actually gets a lot of looks in the paint. I hope he continues to do it as well... he does a lot of dirty work so I like seeing him getting rewarded

It's not that he's been playing "way" better, it's just that Pop is actually playing him this year. Last year Pop gave him "the rookie treatment" and he only got garbage time despite being the 2nd best big in the roster. This year Splitter is getting PT (still to little) and he is clearly the best big on the Spurs offensively and defensively. The guy didn't win euro league MVP for nothing. He has a lot of experience and is very talented.

It's not that he's been playing "way" better, it's just that Pop is actually playing him this year. Last year Pop gave him "the rookie treatment" and he only got garbage time despite being the 2nd best big in the roster. This year Splitter is getting PT (still to little) and he is clearly the best big on the Spurs offensively and defensively. The guy didn't win euro league MVP for nothing. He has a lot of experience and is very talented.

Pop doing what great coaches do sticking with their ideals.